Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nokta Fors Relic ?

Chuck(NC)

Can anyone explain FORS CORE+ on start up display instead of Fors Relic on a Nokta Relic. Thanks for any info on this

Chuck(NC) said:
Can anyone explain FORS CORE+ ...
My questions are:

Do you have a device labeled FORS Core + ?

If so, who did you get it from?

Also, which search coils do you have for it?

Chuck(NC) said:
... on start up display instead of Fors Relic on a Nokta Relic.
Now for a comment, Nokta is the manufacturer, and the FORS 'series' includes the Gold, CoRe, Gold + and Relic. All of these models have the 'FORS' before their name to reference the 'series,' but to shorten it and quickly get to the series models, we can just say CoRe or Relic, etc.

So the Nokta FORS Relic, and the FORS Relic and just saying Relic all refer to the very same detector, and there is only one final production Relic model.

If you want, you can shoot me an e-mail directly to monte@ahrps.org and we can discuss what you have and the settings. It's 5:48 PM Mountain Time, 7:48 PM in NC, and I am out the door to a renovation site in 3 minutes but I'll get back to any e-mail or reply as soon as I get home after sunset.

Monte

Fors gold+?
There are many nokta machine but as far as fors series there are core, gold, gold+, and relic.
I misunderstand the question....

Stoof-tabsallday said:
Fors gold+?
There are many nokta machine but as far as fors series there are core, gold, gold+, and relic.
You are correct, there are the four PRODUCTION models, the 15 kHz FORS Gold then FORS CoRe, then the 19 kHz FORS Gold + followed by the FORS Relic.

Those are the production models released to consumers.

Initially there was a 19 kHz prototype model they planned to name the FORS CoRe + and evaluation samples went to three people I know of here in the USA. One was cut from the finalization process and Keith S. and I had discussions about the CoRe + and we also were in constant contact with Dilek and their lead software engineer, Alper T. at Nokta. The product was an exceptional performer, based on the 19 kHz Gold + but with the added modes and adjustment functions. There were only two real changes Keith and I agreed upon, one being a boost in sensitivity and the VCO audio enhancement, and the other was a Tone or Audio Frequency change to increase it from a '3' level, as adjustable on the CoRe, to the level '5' setting. [size=small](Note: This is a fixed setting on the Relic and not adjustable like on the CoRe.)[/size]

New system boxes were readied and sent to Keith S. [size=small](an Eastern US Relic Hunter)[/size] and to me [size=small](a Western US Relic Hunter)[/size] and both Keith & I felt it was then about as good as it could get. That was the final software/circuitry design they went with for the production detector.

However, immediately after sending the new CoRe + Revised Prototype control systems off to us, Dilek also asked us what we thought of her idea to change the name from CoRe + to Relic. We both agreed it was an excellent decision and after getting our final evaluation remarks back, and before production devices were released, the new model was announced to the public and came out with the new 'official' name, the FORS Relic. The control box decal color scheme was changed with the Relic name, and that's what everyone has today.

To my knowledge, one initial evaluator only had an original, unchanged CoRe + system box. Keith and I had two control boxes, the original CoRe + and the Revised Prototype with the enhanced VCO and higher Audio Frequency tone. Chuck bought his unit from a dealer w/o a side decal and the dealer told him it was a FORS Relic. When turned on, the side positioned display shows FORS CoRe +, but it has all the search models and adjustment functions of the Relic, so he concluded that was correct and he likely had a pre-production prototype. He contacted Dilek and now has a Relic side decal for his specimen.

From a description of the armcup with the system, it appears to be like one of Keith's as seen in one of his videos, so we figure that is where it came from. Both of the FORS Relic models in my Regular-Use Detector Battery are regular 'production' FORS Relic devices, and I have my prototype and revised-prototype units still on-hand in a Nokta accessory bag. Even though they read FORS CoRe + on the display at turn-on, I plan to contact Dilek for a pair of FORS Relic decals so they will not confuse folks who see them in use. That way I can keep one of the additional search coils mounted and have a 3rd Relic in my carry arsenal. :thumbup:

Anyway, Chuck figured it out, I clarified a few subtle differences, and we have one more avid detectorist out there with a terrific performing Nokta Relic. :clapping:

And we still have the Gold, CoRe, Gold + and Relic as the four Nokta FORS series models released for consumers. I am one of the many who is pleased to have these excellent working units at my disposal, with two production CoRe's and two Relics currently in my Regular-Use group, the Gold + in my Specialty Team. Once I get the two system box decals to upgrade my prototype units, I will also have two 'Relic' set-ups to also have on-hand as loaner units for friends and family, property owners who want to join a permissioned search, and get newcomers to this great sport familiar with the Relic when I hold seminars or some outdoor training sessions.

Monte

Ahhh.... My mistake.
This is the first I'm hearing of the core+ lol.
Thanks Monte.

Monte said:
Stoof-tabsallday said:
Fors gold+?
You are correct, there are the four PRODUCTION models, the 15 kHz FORS Gold then FORS CoRe, then the 19 kHz FORS Gold + followed by the FORS Relic.

Those are the production models released to consumers.

Initially there was a 19 kHz prototype model they planned to name the FORS CoRe + and evaluation samples went to three people I know of here in the USA. One was cut from the finalization process and Keith S. and I had discussions about the CoRe + and we also were in constant contact with Dilek and their lead software engineer, Alper T. at Nokta. The product was an exceptional performer, based on the 19 kHz Gold + but with the added modes and adjustment functions. There were only two real changes Keith and I agreed upon, one being a boost in sensitivity and the VCO audio enhancement, and the other was a Tone or Audio Frequency change to increase it from a '3' level, as adjustable on the CoRe, to the level '5' setting. [size=small](Note: This is a fixed setting on the Relic and not adjustable like on the CoRe.)[/size]

New system boxes were readied and sent to Keith S. [size=small](an Eastern US Relic Hunter)[/size] and to me [size=small](a Western US Relic Hunter)[/size] and both Keith & I felt it was then about as good as it could get. That was the final software/circuitry design they went with for the production detector.

However, immediately after sending the new CoRe + Revised Prototype control systems off to us, Dilek also asked us what we thought of her idea to change the name from CoRe + to Relic. We both agreed it was an excellent decision and after getting our final evaluation remarks back, and before production devices were released, the new model was announced to the public and came out with the new 'official' name, the FORS Relic. The control box decal color scheme was changed with the Relic name, and that's what everyone has today.

To my knowledge, one initial evaluator only had an original, unchanged CoRe + system box. Keith and I had two control boxes, the original CoRe + and the Revised Prototype with the enhanced VCO and higher Audio Frequency tone. Chuck bought his unit from a dealer w/o a side decal and the dealer told him it was a FORS Relic. When turned on, the side positioned display shows FORS CoRe +, but it has all the search models and adjustment functions of the Relic, so he concluded that was correct and he likely had a pre-production prototype. He contacted Dilek and now has a Relic side decal for his specimen.

From a description of the armcup with the system, it appears to be like one of Keith's as seen in one of his videos, so we figure that is where it came from. Both of the FORS Relic models in my Regular-Use Detector Battery are regular 'production' FORS Relic devices, and I have my prototype and revised-prototype units still on-hand in a Nokta accessory bag. Even though they read FORS CoRe + on the display at turn-on, I plan to contact Dilek for a pair of FORS Relic decals so they will not confuse folks who see them in use. That way I can keep one of the additional search coils mounted and have a 3rd Relic in my carry arsenal. :thumbup:

Anyway, Chuck figured it out, I clarified a few subtle differences, and we have one more avid detectorist out there with a terrific performing Nokta Relic. :clapping:

And we still have the Gold, CoRe, Gold + and Relic as the four Nokta FORS series models released for consumers. I am one of the many who is pleased to have these excellent working units at my disposal, with two production CoRe's and two Relics currently in my Regular-Use group, the Gold + in my Specialty Team. Once I get the two system box decals to upgrade my prototype units, I will also have two 'Relic' set-ups to also have on-hand as loaner units for friends and family, property owners who want to join a permissioned search, and get newcomers to this great sport familiar with the Relic when I hold seminars or some outdoor training sessions.

Monte

I knew either You or Keith would figure it out. Chuck and I have PM'd each other the last few days, since he got it. I figured it must have been a pre-production unit. I know he already got some new Relic Stickers to put on it since it had no sticker at all I believe. There you go Chuck. Sounds like you got an Awesome deal. Now if it just cools off enough to get out again, LOL