Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nokta Impact more than the Legend?

Treasurechic

Just curious as to why the Impact continues to be priced for more than the newer models? It's an excellent detector but it seems to me it should be priced lower as I am assuming they no longer manufacture it, I could be wrong. It reminds me of Garrett still selling the AT Pro for over 500.00. Anyone have the business savvy to explain this to me? Thank you 👍

I have an Impact it has like 12 programs that you can select from and it’s built pretty well. I stopped using it after I bought the NOX.
It went deep and found very thin coins and tokens that other detectors didn’t find. I would think it’s a big seller in Europe.
Tony

It's the theory of supply and demand. Manufacturing companies produce items that are in demand in larger numbers than those in short demand. High demand items are more often cheaper to buy and to build. Low demand items are priced higher and generally cost more for parts and labor. Nokta has sold thousands of Legends over the last two+ years and have lowered the price to keep the demand high. The other Nokta machines you mentioned are not big sellers so they are keeping the price high to reflect their higher cost for producing the smaller volumes.

I have an Impact it has like 12 programs that you can select from and it’s built pretty well. I stopped using it after I bought the NOX.

It went deep and found very thin coins and tokens that other detectors didn’t find. I would think it’s a big seller in Europe.

Tony

I also have an Impact. Really liked the big numbers on the VDI for my poor eyes. Also the PP trigger. I have 3 coils, but I gravitated to the concentric coil. I honestly don't use it at all, so it sits at the back of the closet. Contemplating selling. It's too bad that the company has rushed new models on the market before the dust settled on one that was introuced 6 mos. to 1 yr. after... Amazing!

You all have a Happy New Year! TC-NM

Just curious as to why the Impact continues to be priced for more than the newer models? It's an excellent detector but it seems to me it should be priced lower as I am assuming they no longer manufacture it, I could be wrong. It reminds me of Garrett still selling the AT Pro for over 500.00. Anyone have the business savvy to explain this to me? Thank you 👍
Everything boils down to a products cost (parts and assembly) and the marketing niche and quantity produced. The Impact IS an excellent detector with a solid build quality and I enjoyed those I had from a first prototype/test unit. Overall I only had three design issues with it so far as most consumers are concerned. They did things right with it, however, such as have a very good assortment of search coils for it that they didn't / don't have for their Simplex + or Legend. Unfortunately, Nokta (and Makro) went the route of producing Waterproof detectors which is fine, for some, but a huge number of folks, like me, don't take them into the water and would be very satisficed with a top-notch land-based unit like the Impact, or the discontinued Racer and Racer 2, FORS Relic and FORS CoRe, and several others.

I wish they would bring out another Racer 2 with some circuitry fixes and housing stability at a competitive price, or an Impact re-do that had a couple of changes to make it more appealing, to include eliminating several so-called 'modes' just to keep it simpler, more 'basic', and still provide the performance it offers and all of the search coils available for it.

Monte

Monte I agree, seems everyone is focusing on waterproof and simultaneous multi frequency which in my opinion at times can be worse than single frequency such as hunting a cellar hole, seems I get better performance with a single frequency. I loved the impact besides the weight and it would be great if they focused on a land based detector. Those of us who started this hobby over 20 years ago did just fine with plastic bags should you get stuck in the rain. I used a Sovereign for years and hipmounted at the beach or in the water. A lightweight version of the Sovereign that could still be removed from the shaft would be a no brainer purchase for me. ☺️

I have several Nokta Makro detectors. I never think twice about putting the Multi Kruzer fitted with the 9-inch concentric coil in the car if hunting old school and church ball fields. Great separation between aluminum screw caps and coins (meter). It's deep in my Virginia Soil.

It's the theory of supply and demand. Manufacturing companies produce items that are in demand in larger numbers than those in short demand. High demand items are more often cheaper to buy and to build. Low demand items are priced higher and generally cost more for parts and labor. Nokta has sold thousands of Legends over the last two+ years and have lowered the price to keep the demand high. The other Nokta machines you mentioned are not big sellers so they are keeping the price high to reflect their higher cost for producing the smaller
Monte I agree, seems everyone is focusing on waterproof and simultaneous multi frequency which in my opinion at times can be worse than single frequency such as hunting a cellar hole, seems I get better performance with a single frequency. I loved the impact besides the weight and it would be great if they focused on a land based detector. Those of us who started this hobby over 20 years ago did just fine with plastic bags should you get stuck in the rain. I used a Sovereign for years and hipmounted at the beach or in the water. A lightweight version of the Sovereign that could still be removed from the shaft would be a no brainer purchase for me. ☺️
In all fairness living on the coast i could say it would be nice if they focused on a beach/saltwater detector since most of their detectors are land detectors.
I had a sovereign but would not take it to the beach so spent an extra $1300 for a exacl beach detector.
I think NM is the only company that doesn’t have a specific beach detector but now with the legend being waterproof its a welcomed addition.
Waterproofing is a big deal just ask anyone with a Nox where the control box flooded, I don’t think a plastic bag would have made a difference.
Which brings up another important point that anything exposed to saltwater should be rinsed with fresh water. Even boats pulled out after use are washed with fresh water. Would it not be a good idea to rinse a detector covered with salt water? Even the manufacturer recommends to rinse the beach detector with fresh water after use. Doing it with a plastic bag is asking for trouble and not done thoroughly. Jmo on waterproof detectors.
I have several Nokta Makro detectors. I never think twice about putting the Multi Kruzer fitted with the 9-inch concentric coil in the car if hunting old school and church ball fields. Great separation between aluminum screw caps and coins (meter). It's deep in my Virginia Soil.
its what I was considering before I realized they discontinued them and got the legend