Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nokta Impact Won't stop beeping after Factory Reset

CCadrin

I have sold an Impact and the user has said the detector won't stop beeping. We did a factory reset, ground balance, etc. What other options can we try?

Charles (Sabre)(Tx) said:
Might try a different coil.

Charles :usaf::usaflag:

We tried both coils that came with the pro package. It was fine went I sent it and recorded a video. He did get it to quiet down but know said it is acting up.

Now it's only doing it in deep mode the numbers are all over the place on clear ground won't stop bouncing numbers rapidly with no consistency was doing it on all modes before reset well I'm pretty sure

taskm36@aol.com said:
Now it's only doing it in deep mode the numbers are all over the place on clear ground won't stop bouncing numbers rapidly with no consistency was doing it on all modes before reset well I'm pretty sure

Dilek from Nokta monitors this forum. Hopefully she will jump in and comment. I also posted on a Facebook group 'Nokta Impact Metal Detector Users Group' looking for suggestions.

Deep mode is the most sensitive mode.

Maybe, EMI in this area, electric dog fence, security ? Try the Impact in a different area. Only difference is the area, when it worked, now the detector is at another location. Check the batteries. PS Lower your gain. Good Luck.

Prob EMI .. I live in town house complex of 100 units .. when we had about 40 rented out I could detect the grounds Mow the are 90% full .. Cabn not detect here anymore to much WiFi going on

Put in some new batteries and see what happens.

I agree with EMI.

WiFi, transformer, cell phone, security system, dog fence, etc... Could be anything.

Have him try it in a different area.

taskm36@aol.com said:

The post here and on facebook think it is EMI.

Also, Nokta contacted me via this forum regarding your situation. They asked me your name and your email.