Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nokta impact

ddwk1959

just arrived this machine was gonna get the 800 nox but decided on the pro pact impact.... just retired last year....detected alot with many different makes an models...but that was 15...20 years ago.. well glad to be back on the forum...gonna unpact this box an get started....is monte still here really enjoyed his post along with many others

just arrived this machine was gonna get the 800 nox but decided on the pro pact impact.... just retired last year....detected alot with many different makes an models...but that was 15...20 years ago.. well glad to be back on the forum...gonna unpact this box an get started....is monte still here really enjoyed his post along with many others
Yes, I am still round. I spend most of my on-line time on my ahrps.org Forums, then here, then one or two other sites occasionally.

Sorry to hear you got out of the hobby for a spell, but glad to hear you are back into it and have invested in a quality product. There are too many low-class or inferior-performing models out there, and still some that are over-priced. Today, and in the pst 5-6 years or so, we have quite a few mid-priced detectors that are truly worth their price. They come from several manufacturers and are priced from ± $425 to $900 or so, and in most cases they have a good selection of factory-made accessory coils t tackle many tasks.

All of these very good detectors will have their on strengths and weaknesses so it is up to use to figure out how to get the best performance out of a particular model, know the good and bad pints, then work it to our advantage. Search coil selection plays an important role in helping us achieve success afield, too.

I had a prototype / evaluation Impact and I actually liked it better, for the most part, than the Multi-Kruzer and Anfibio Multi. I had a 2nd Impact for a while, too, because I had the search coils for it that I wanted and needed to enjoy it the most.

Put in the time and learn it well. Don't get carried away with all of the adjustment functions and search modes, just keep it simple and that will let you learn it better. I think a good 95% of my Coin & Jewelry and even Relic Hunting with the Impact was using the default turn-on 14 kHz, 3-Tone, and I kept th Disc. low enough to just barely accept Iron Nails then relied on an Iron Volume setting to help be comfortable.

Monte