Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NOKTA MAKRO (LEGEND) GETTING SUED - PATENT INFRINGEMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone can sue anyone for anything and they do nowadays.This whole lawsuit is just a farce. ML is upset someone else is selling a “comparable”not copy for alot less and makes them look like rip offs.
Dream on if you think it’s actually going to shut NM down from production.
If that was the case we would all have the same car, tv, house, wear the same outfit, etc,etc.
If you lived in the US you would understand lawsuits a little more, no offense but in Europe and other places lawsuits are not like here in the US.
Notice the lawsuit was filed in the US not
Down under or in Turkey.

What will happen if minelab wins the case. Will the production of Legends Cease , or will the production continue but nokta have to pay minelab money . Does anyone know.
Anyone can sue anyone for anything and they do nowadays.This whole lawsuit is just a farce. ML is upset someone else is selling a “comparable”not copy for alot less and makes them look like rip offs.
If that was the case we would all have the same car, tv, house, wear the same outfit, etc,etc.
If you lived in the US you would understand lawsuits a little more, no offense but in Europe and other places lawsuits are not like here in the US.
Down under or in Turkey.

Down under or in Turkey.
Do you have proof it is a farce or just blowing smoke??

WOW, look people cant have it both ways
You can’t say two products are identical and then go pay twice as much for the more expensive one.
Well I guess you can. Whats the saying
A fool and their money
On another note they are not identical, or they would both leak
Agree. If it is my understanding ML either lost or dropped their patents for "multi frequency" technology. If so, how can you "sue" over infringements? If someone finds a $20 bill on the sidewalk and picks it up, did he steal it? I have been a loyal ML owner for years. They invented and developed the technology for multi frequency and incorporated it into their machines for years. Now they are doing the same for multi IQ technology. It seems to me that Makro, doing their best to compete with todays market took technology that was either no longer owned by ML due to the issue of not renewing their patents or losing them, and built a comparable machine for a much lower price. That is capitalism at its finest. If suing Makro is in fact being done, is there also a lawsuit opened with Deus, because they have done the same thing only priced it much higher than Makro? I applaud Makro for their design and updatable software and keeping their prices lower so that the public has an opportunity to own and use a machine that can hold its own with the big boys. I don't think anything will come of this except trying to slow down production and development of Makro's technology. If it does continue, there will be counter suits over ML's incorporation of new additions to its line. And again.....Deus?

Does this mean I have to give back all my finds???? Wah wah wah……
Civil lawsuits are the “preponderance of the evidence” vs “beyond a reasonable doubt” thresholds. My experience is less than half of civil lawsuits win, they mostly settle out if court. I’m suspecting ML is purely suing to get attention and the streets buzzing and then will settle.

Agree. If it is my understanding ML either lost or dropped their patents for "multi frequency" technology. If so, how can you "sue" over infringements? If someone finds a $20 bill on the sidewalk and picks it up, did he steal it? I have been a loyal ML owner for years. They invented and developed the technology for multi frequency and incorporated it into their machines for years. Now they are doing the same for multi IQ technology. It seems to me that Makro, doing their best to compete with todays market took technology that was either no longer owned by ML due to the issue of not renewing their patents or losing them, and built a comparable machine for a much lower price. That is capitalism at its finest. If suing Makro is in fact being done, is there also a lawsuit opened with Deus, because they have done the same thing only priced it much higher than Makro? I applaud Makro for their design and updatable software and keeping their prices lower so that the public has an opportunity to own and use a machine that can hold its own with the big boys. I don't think anything will come of this except trying to slow down production and development of Makro's technology. If it does continue, there will be counter suits over ML's incorporation of new additions to its line. And again.....Deus?
Here is a head scratcher
There are actual counterfeit ML detectors being made and sold around the world.
You would think ML would really be cracking down and suing over those instead of a competitor selling something similar.
Ronstar hit it, thats why i said this is a farce. I can see why ML is upset because it’s cutting into sales but some end users to argue, that sucks that i have the option to get to get something identical for half the price i hope they get shut down so we can all go back to paying double.
You can like a company and then you can like a company so much you will do and pay whatever they say.
I like honda, the accord and camery are very,very similar. Will i pay a little more for the accord sure, will i pay double or triple the price of the camery. The company would be taking advantage of the loyalty of their customers at that point.

Erltej, some companies will try anything.
T-Mobile tried to seek trademark protection against anyone using the color magenta
So should Crayola be forced stop production of magenta markers.
Or T-mobile change their colors.
Only in the US

So ML tried this crap with XP and obviously XP is still in business and didn’t stop production. Here we go with the ML propaganda again

Minelab Electronics PTY LTD filed a complaint on Oct. 19 in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania against the defendants, alleging that they infringed on the plaintiff's patent through their distribution of a metal detector.

According to the complaint, the plaintiff alleges that it suffered damages to its business. The plaintiff holds XP Metal Detectors and Detector Electronics Corp. responsible because the defendants allegedly manufacture and offer for sale metal detectors that can store data, a feature that purportedly infringes on at least one aspect of the plaintiff's patent.

Status
Not open for further replies.