Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nokta/Makro Simplex

mtdoramike

Don't know if anyone can answer this question, but it states in the Simplex description that is has a lipo battery. I'm curious if the lipo battery can be easily removed from the detector for transport purposes especially on airplanes since lipo batteries can only travel by ground from what I have heard.

Battery cannot be removed and as far as travelling with one on a plane its not an issue. We travel every day with our phones on planes and they contain lipo's.

Thanks Doc, the reason I ask is if I sell a used or even a new lipo battery even if the new one has not been charged, my local post office will tell me that they can only ship Lipo batteries ground and not airmail. My other hobby is Radio control planes and boats, in which I tend to sell off every now and then and offer extra batteries for sale. I found shipping them to be problematic as the post office treats them as hazardous materials.

The lipo is a 1c battery. I kinda figured you were looking at this from a R/C hobbyist standpoint. I too fly R/C planes; Flite Test Dollar tree foamboard ones are my planes of choice. I have never sold lipos,I usually crash them into the ground before I can sell them, I believe that from a Post Office standpoint they are referring to multi C packs and not batteries that are already hard wired into a machine. The wireless headset will also have a 1C battery in it, a lot smaller one though.

Thanks for the clarification Doc, yep I'm an old R/Cr from planes to boats. I used to include the lipo batteries when I built a plane or a boat for a client, but for the past 5-6 years, I ship them without the batteries and just recommend the battery to use in the vehicle.