Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nokta Pin Pointer quality?

rjsupersonic

I've had three Garrett Propointers and they all start to false with heavy use, now I hear the orange Garrett does the same. Has anyone used the Nokta pointer for awhile? any issues?

I have used one here in NZ for the last 4 months solid - No issues whatsoever and they are built tough -

10 levels of sensitivity and I usually set mine to 6-7

Great LED - Bright and well protected

You only NEED one hand to operate it and NOT two as portrayed by a hysterian a while back

If there was anything to whine about & I am being picky at that is that I prefer the GPP Holster system than the one on the Nokta/Makro
I have had to belt loop bigger to accomadate web belt & would prefer to have opening at the bottom for dirt & such like to escape

Overall I really like it & with Nokta's support you cant go wrong

P.S. Oh yeah - its also sensitive to small Gold

I had the Makro version which is identical and I sold it unfortunately with my detector. Well today, bought a new detector and worked a deal for a new Nokta waterproof because I liked the Makro one so much.

Great sensitivity that adjust and can be used just vibration alone or together. Easy to wash the thing off too being waterproof to 3 feet. I think you would be happy with it unless you get a bad one out of the batch.

Enjoy!

My at garret pointed was acting up .I have seen them not be water proof . I hated mine so I unloaded it fast

Ive been using the Nokta pointer for a few months in conjunction with my Fors gold detector. It has held up very well
And operates better then any other pointer. I run mine on 9-10 sens. But you have to make sure you set your detector off to the side when using because it is very sensitive and will detect large metal objects a few feet away. It picks up very very small gold with no problems. It makes an excellent underwater gold sniper. It also comes in a very nice case.
Good luck

Just got mine in with my new detector and I have to say it is just like my past Makro pinpointer. Only thing being if I remember right the Makro only had 5 adjustable settings whereas the Nokta has 10 sensitivity settings.

Works identical otherwise. I tried the settings and found each to be and function just perfect. I think this pointer will be a real workhorse for sure. Can't wait to get her down and dirty!

my EXCELLENT Makro Pointer is very reliable and is mounted on my detecting gear belt for duty in my Ford Sport-Trac.

My equally EXCELLENT Nokta Pointer is just as versatile, if not slightly more ... and waterproof ... and is ready for duty as it is assigned to my Suzuki XL7.

I have owned and or used all of the garret and White's and Minelab and Deteknix and some other pinpointers, and didn't like any of them as well as I do my Makro & Nokta Pointers.

Monte

I think for next season I will be upgrading from my deteknix to a nokta as I am becoming more intolerant of the interference of the deteknix it is otherwise a fine pin pointer.

greaser said:
I think for next season I will be upgrading from my deteknix to a nokta as I am becoming more intolerant of the interference of the deteknix it is otherwise a fine pin pointer.

+1

didn't like the deteknix pointer not sensitive to small foil etc.. good coin hunter though but not for gold hunting, got a carrot and has some falsing issues and made a packed with myself to never buy another garrett will give this one a try.

do they come with end protection to stop them wearing out?

AJ

amberjack said:
didn't like the deteknix pointer not sensitive to small foil etc.. good coin hunter though but not for gold hunting, got a carrot and has some falsing issues and made a packed with myself to never buy another garrett will give this one a try.

AJ

Comes with two sleeves.........one is made with a scraper and the other is smooth. Plus if you wear them out they are replaceable for only $5.

mtsheron said:
amberjack said:

AJ

Comes with two sleeves.........one is made with a scraper and the other is smooth. Plus if you wear them out they are replaceable for only $5.

AJ