Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nokta Simplex *HELP*

Youngster1972

I just bought Nokta Simplex. I charged it and updated to the newest firmware. My question is when I hit on a target (coin) it will beep once when the coil first travels over it again when it goes over the middle and then one more time when it exits the coil. So, three beeps on a coin when sweeping in one direction. Is this normal? From the Youtube videos I have watched it only seems to beep once. Thanks!

Shallow or surface targets will do that. Try raising your coil as you sweep gradually and listen to the intensity of the tone as the coil moves to and from the coin while sweeping.

I just bought Nokta Simplex. I charged it and updated to the newest firmware. My question is when I hit on a target (coin) it will beep once when the coil first travels over it again when it goes over the middle and then one more time when it exits the coil. So, three beeps on a coin when sweeping in one direction. Is this normal? From the Youtube videos I have watched it only seems to beep once. Thanks!
A very common happeneing 2with the Simplex + and many other detectors, especially with laarger-size search coilw. It I explained in the User Manual, but most people fail to read the manual, cover-to-cover, and also do not use a proper search fcoil height.

See Page 5 trop-right photo. "... and the search coil is approximately 5cm (~2'') above the ground." Coil approximately 2" bove the ground, so that should be 2+ inches above a coin.

See Page 6 Part-9: "Since your device operates with the motion principle, swing the search coil right and left maintaining 5cm (2") distance above the ground. If the search coil does not move, the device will not provide any audio responses even if the coil is over a metal target."

See Page 16: "LARGE OR NEAR-SURFACE TARGETS
Targets which are near the surface may give multiple different signals to the device. If you suspect a target near the surface, lift the search coil and swing it more slowly until a single signal is received."

It's all in the User Manual, and the same applies to almost any other make and model detector. If an object is too close to the search coil, there is more interruption of the near-proximity EMF, and it is even more pronounced in a larger-size coil, and especially with a Double-D coil.

Monte

If your coil is closer than 3 inches to target that can happen, that will happen on most machines if real close to target . Next time pull the coil up away from target see if it still happens