Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nokta Waterproof Pinpointer ?

Chuck(NC)

Just got a Nokta Pinpointer and in testing it a penny and dime 1 1/4" nickel 1 5/8" quarter 1 3/8.......With that being said. All the reviews and videos show way more depth when the Nokta pinpointer is maxed out. I may need to send it in. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

Most used on my main detecting gear belt is my Makro Pointer. It is a quick-adjust, 4-Sensitivity device that I usually have set at level '3' so I can quickly increase or decrease the Sensitivity level based upon my needs when pinpointing a target.

My 'back-up' pointer, so-to-speak, is my Nokta Pointer which has 10 Sensitivity levels. The factory default setting is level '5' but I like to keep mine set at '6' or '7' and make any ± changes as desired based on the site environment and potential depth of the located target.

I use the Makro pointer most often simply because when someone asks to borrow it to locate a target it is easier for them to adjust the Sensitivity. Both of these devices are waterproof so I prefer them during wet seasons also, and they are both in a very similar size and configuration, both working at 11.6 kHz and neither causes me any interference with any detector in my arsenal.

Always in my vehicle for any quick-hits when I am not wearing my gear belt I keep my 3rd pinpointer handy, and that is the Nokta RS Pointer. This is a slightly smaller-size and handy pinpointer that functions more like the Makro pointer in that it has 4-Sensitivity levels, that I also keep at level '3' but it does have a difference in that you can quickly select an Audio report or a Vibrate mode report, but not a combined Audio/Vibrate function. This pointer works at 8.8 kHz, and all three are powered by a single 9-V alkaline batter and last5 a long time.

Referring to your measured distances, I would suggest you double check the battery to ensure it is fresh and at, or close to, a full 9-V level. Also, double check the Sensitivity level the device is set for. Then, be sure to keep the pinpointer away from any metal, turn it On, then move the sample coin [size=small](as if laying flat-to-the pinpointer's tip)[/size] towards the pointer. On a US 10¢, 5¢ and 25¢ coin I easily do better than that at my typical settings. My Makro and Nokta pointers have been out-performing every pinpointer I had when I got my micro pointer 2½ years ago as well as all the pinpointers other folks use who have compared them side-by-side.

If you double check the battery, and set to a level '7' to '10' on the Nokta Pointer and can't get better performance than what you reported, I would encourage you to contact the Dealer you bought it from. If these is no quick assistance, then e-mail Dilek directly at Nokta and describe the results.

Monte

Thank you Monte. I was totally unaware that there was a difference between the Nokta and Makro pointers. I thought that only the color was different. Apart from the levels of sensitivity, is there any other difference between them ?

Are minor but you just need to read the User Manual for the particular device. If you don't have a manual you can go to the Nokta or Makro Forums, access their webpage, then find the pointers and download the User Manual. Read it or copy it as desired.

With the Nokta Pointer you simply press and release the Green button to increase the Sensitivity Level from 1 to 10, or press and release the Gray button once to decrease the Sensitivity level.

With the Makro Pointer you double-click the Green button to increase and double-click the Red button to decrease the Sensitivity level.

A few other little differences, but the field performance for both units is exceptionally good, and both of them are waterproof and durable.

Monte

Thank for your input Monte. I have been messing with the settings on the pinpointer and there is hardly a bit of difference between the 5 setting and the 10. Set on 1 it will pick the penny at a 1/4" .

There is something wrong with the pointer and it will be taken care of. I just wanted to make sure that it was suppose to perform like the reviews I have read and it does not.

Again, Thanks