Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Non GB question?

Beale

Is it true that you can put some of your average soil in a bag and a unit with set GB (Silver Umax) in the box and send to Teroso and they will GB to your average soil? Beale.

I not sure Beale, I'm sure Allcav can chime in on that one buddy, hank

If I recall right it was a shoe box size sample they requested. But it turned out sometimes it was worse, as the detector was then GB'd to only that area where the dirt came from.. 20 feet can make a difference in certain areas.
................ I believe most manufactures have a reading on the overall dirt in a given area of the US. A preset detector will never achieve the results of a adjustable GB unit. But remember this, an adjustable unit not adjusted right, will never do as well as a preset unit...

Thanks Elton. My Silver does a great job as it is. I was just wondering. My next model will have a GB for sure, Beale.

Elton makes a very good point. An adjustable GB improperly set can give very poor performance. In defense of preset detectors, I've had very good results in my area as my soil conditions seem to be near the "average" that they are set to. I do own several with either manual ground balance or true auto trac for the times that's needed, but have found the presets to work quite well for me.
BB

It is true, we will do that. Make sure it is at least a sandwich baggy amount of soil.

I had a Deleon problem with the preset GB being set too negative for my soil when I bought it used.

The detector was totally unstable and essentially unusable.

Sent it to Tesoro with a big baggie full of the worst dirt I could find as suggested and it came back working fine.

I'd say something about Tesoro's great customer service, but it would just be preaching to the choir...

The Cortes and Deleon have issues with the screen in highly mineralized soil. The screen is unstable and will scroll. The Cortes however in the all-metal mode will work in these conditions if you listen to the sounds. The screen will still scroll though.