Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Non Motion Detectors

Tarot

Hi Everyone

As some of you know, I use and am very happy with my Sovereign Elite for beach hunting. However I would like to purchase a simple budget machine, so that my non detecting friends could join me.

Has anyone used a non motion detector on the beach and with what success, I'm sure it would be fine on the dry sand, but what about it's performance on the wet sand.

I was looking at the Cscope cs440xd, which seems to be the replacement for the discontinued cs660.

http://www.csmetaldetectors.com/product.aspx?pid=19

There are understandably, very few reviews of this detector. I found a video (German) on YT which looked very impressive, regarding its discrimination ability. If the mineralized sand could be excluded like the object in the video, then the detector would seem quite a good option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSJorguFZns

I just wanted to know if any other members had used similar detectors, and their views on the non motion and beach combination.

Kind Regards Tarot (Bob)

I've seen similar videos with a Cibola. I've hunted wet salt sand with a Cibola. You can hunt wet salt sand with the sensitivity down and with the discriminator set about at foil to take care of the salt. You loose a lot of depth over what you can do over the dry sand since you aren't ground balanced to the wet salt. That C. Scope looks like a fixed ground balanced detector.

If you have a detector that you can ground balance to the wet salt, you end up way ahead. There are a lot of detectors that do not ground balance to wet salt. The Fisher F70 and F75 do, probably others that do too, but I need some help from other users to identify what models do.

Or if you have a multi-frequency detector that compensates for the salt in it's processing, as well as ground balancing over a wide range, that works too. Minelab BBS and FBS technology detectors do the job; personally, I'd be looking for a used Fisher CZ as they can show up for good prices and do very well over wet salt beaches. Otherwise, get the C. Scope or something similar and suggest that your non-detecting friends stay in the dry sand with it since the digging is easier and they will be more successful in the dry sand with the fixed ground balance detector.

Just my opinion.
tvr

iv tried almost every make /model of detector made after 1970 and never found not 1 single frequency detector that will work well in wet salt sand. notice i said "well"...some can be adjusted down to work but at a great loss of depth.if you only want to hunt 3" deep then some will work.just buy a good used Sovereign (any model) and get ready to dig 12" to 15" deep! in almost any beech conditions. i dont know anything that can come close to the Sovereign / Excalibur on wet salt sand.Fisher CZ20 / 21 is close but of the 5 of them iv had they all were 2nd to the Minelabs.

I had a C-Scope 1220R that worked quite well on the beach, it to is non-motion too but its not in the same league as the sovereigns, price wise either, i would keep a lookout for a 2nd hand XS or elitte, they come up quite regular on the forum and ebay