Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Non-repeatable signals at 90 degrees. Junk?

Explorer.se said:
Ohio Digger said:
My last video actually has a dig from the park where I could only get a high tone in one direction and nulled in the other. It did sound to sweet to walk away from so I dug it. First try was nothing but iron. I almost walked away at that point but it still sounded too good so I re-pinpointed about 5" to the side and got a nice 1907 Barber dime. Not that deep either because I think the iron hid it from the other detectors that have pounded that park for 30 years.

Which coil do you like better for depth and separation between the WOT and the Ultimate?

Sorry for butting in here but I am going to anyway. Leave those big Coils alone. For what little bit of extra depth you get, you lose many targets due to separation. I use a Sun Ray 8 almost exclusively now and I challege anybody to out hunt me with a big Coil in any kind of Park. Have not tried the Minelab 8" but I am willing to bet it is almost a clone of the Sun Ray or Vis Versa. Another choice would be the Coiltek 10X5, which is an excellent Coil.

roadapple said:
Sun Ray 8 is much better than the Minelab 8.

Just to be safe I bought two when I bought my Sun Ray

daddyflea said:
Explorer.se said:
Ohio Digger said:
My last video actually has a dig from the park where I could only get a high tone in one direction and nulled in the other. It did sound to sweet to walk away from so I dug it. First try was nothing but iron. I almost walked away at that point but it still sounded too good so I re-pinpointed about 5" to the side and got a nice 1907 Barber dime. Not that deep either because I think the iron hid it from the other detectors that have pounded that park for 30 years.

Which coil do you like better for depth and separation between the WOT and the Ultimate?

Sorry for butting in here but I am going to anyway. Leave those big Coils alone. For what little bit of extra depth you get, you lose many targets due to separation. I use a Sun Ray 8 almost exclusively now and I challege anybody to out hunt me with a big Coil in any kind of Park. Have not tried the Minelab 8" but I am willing to bet it is almost a clone of the Sun Ray or Vis Versa. Another choice would be the Coiltek 10X5, which is an excellent Coil.

Ok I hear you. I inherited one when I bought my E trac and I cant get used to it. Yes I had problems with separation. I have a 13" Ultimate for my Explorer SE but I can also use it on my E Trac. I hear you Daddyflea. Thanks!

What's wrong with the 11" Pro coil that came with your Etracs? I got a special program and pattern from a good friend and hunting partner. Sorry I am sworn to secrecy, as it took him about 6 months of tweaking both. I now look for hunted out places that have tons of DEEP trash. I can pick a silver dime down to 14" mixed in with nails, screw caps, pull tabs, etc. etc. I am NOT using TTF, but can hear the "calliope" that seems to be trapped in my machine. And I can visually and audibly pick the coins out of the trashy mess. After I get the coin out, I remove all the trash..........NGE

nge said:
What's wrong with the 11" Pro coil that came with your Etracs? I got a special program and pattern from a good friend and hunting partner. Sorry I am sworn to secrecy, as it took him about 6 months of tweaking both. I now look for hunted out places that have tons of DEEP trash. I can pick a silver dime down to 14" mixed in with nails, screw caps, pull tabs, etc. etc. I am NOT using TTF, but can hear the "calliope" that seems to be trapped in my machine. And I can visually and audibly pick the coins out of the trashy mess. After I get the coin out, I remove all the trash..........NGE

Yes I use the 11" coil and its great I just like to have other coils to go to so I can rehunt areas around me. I agree with you I remove all trash as well I don't want to re-detect anything as my time spent hunting in the field is precious to me.

nge said:

11" Coil is a bear to Pinpoint with and due to its size it blemds trash with treasure. Makes ID tough. It is not the coil but the size that is the problem. Try a Sunray 8" for a while then tell me you love the 11".

Very wise comment.

ironsight said:
In this day and age, with all these metal detectors around, you have to go well beyond the casual 'week-end' detectorists, push the envelope and dig, dig, dig.
Then after a while, after all that arm aching digging of junk and treasure, one day you will suddenly realize that you have become one with your eTRAC.