Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Non upgraded F75se in BP mode question

therover

Has anyone done in ground tests of a non-upgraded F75 LTD or SE, in BP mode with sensitivity levels in the high 20's and low 30's ?

Since it's nice out for once ( wow, the Sun is an amazing thing !) and my back yard test garden has thawed, I went out and tested my F75se in BP mode, 1 tone, sensitivity at 30. This is a semi-urban area and no way can I run BP at sens 99. At around 55 or so it's starts to act up here in the back yard for the most part, but on occasion I can crank it up to the 70-75 level ( guess it depends on the severity of the EMI). Going through the frequencies and selecting the most quiet one helps a lot.

Anyway, at BP, 1 tone, sens 30, I can hit my buried nickle with proper ID at about 14-15 inches...in DISCRIM mode. In all metal, I can get about 2-3 inches more at that level.

So at this point I am wondering if anyone has tested their non-upgraded model in BP mode at lower sensitivity levels, where the unit is stable, and what results they are getting.

With these results, I am not sure I want to upgrade, since I am pretty certain in areas with less EMI and where I can run BP mode at higher sensitivity levels, the depth with increase.

If I do end up wanting a DST model, I think I will just purchase a new one, and keep a non-upgraded one as well.

If it isn't broken .." Don't fix it " LOL

If you are getting that kind of in ground depth with those setting I would see no reason to up grade just so you can boost sensitive. I really doubt that you would see any kind of depth increase over what you are getting now.

The unit has gotten me some deep nickels and very deep brass shot gun cartridges that probably match the depths stated in my post ( I don't measure depth when hunting...I just dig). I almost always use discriminate mode so I cannot state what depths in real world hunts I get in AM mode. I may take the unit out for some dry sand hunting and actually do some measuring.

The problem has always been trying to jack up the sensitivity in BP mode and the units ability to stay stable at those higher sensitivity levels. In those cases I would switch to DE, as opposed to lowering the sensitivity all the way down into the low 30's, which having hindsight after my testing yesterday, is something I should have done !

In any event I am going to keep the detector as is for now and take it to some places in the Spring where I know I had EMI issues and hunt in BP with sens in the 25-30 range and see what transpires. In prior years, any place where I knew the F75 would not run stable I would just not take the unit...and use the trusty CZ6a since I thought I would not get the depth due thinking I would have to run in DE with a mid range to low sensitivity setting.

I like my upgraded unit. Now when it goes off, something's there (excluding some iron false), before when it went off, hard to tell difference between possible noise and maybe a possible find. The quieter machine has increased my confidence factor 10x fold. And I too seem to be getting a nickel around 18" in AM. If I were a mostly disc using hunter, from my experience with upgraded unit, hard to pass up for the $$$$. Especially when they give you new head with new switch and battery box with switch with paid for round trip shipping. And they gave me a new coil as well. Hard to see how FT is making any $$$ on this deal. Really seems only out for the past customers on this. I congratulate them. And yes there were problems, but they seem to be worked out IMO. My detector has Jan revision/update.

Seems the newer revisions and those going foward have ironed out the kinks.

Gonna keep my original and possibly sell off a few other units and get a new DST model. I do like how the F75's swing !

Nothig wrong with that, that way you'll always have a spare. One thing though. If buying new, better have dealer turn the unit on and check revision. Those 11 month ones were bad.

If you hunt in disc mode the upgrade is a must. So quite. I used the FA mode yesterday. We were hunting a CW Calvary camp. I hit a spot that was full of iron. Mostly square nails. I decided to switch over to the FA mode. It was unbelievable. I was getting solid grunts (2F). I switched to FA and immediate got a solid high tone reading 48-49. I dug it and there was so much iron I couldn't hardly find it w my pinpointer. But it was a shotgun hull buried in all that iron. It picked it up very cleanly. I found two hulls like that in the middle of that iron w my 11" coil. I can't imagine how good it would be w the 5" coil.
The ONLY drawback regarding the upgraded model is the loss of depth in AM. I'm a AM hunter 95% of the time. I I've tested mine against a non upgraded model and it's 2-3" less in depth. However the upgraded model still is a winner. Would I sell my old camo one to upgrade again? Probably not but I still like the new model.