Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

None Motion Mode???????????

detectordude

I have come to the conclusion that the Non Motion Mode is a separate program on its own as is the Motion Mode. I have read that some just use this mode for hunting. You can set the disc, sen, ground and tune.
How do you set the Disc? Do you set it the same as the Motion Mode?
How do you set the Ground? Do you set it the same as the Motion Mode?
The sensitivity I understand, I think.
What exactly is the Tune and what do you set it for?

I have pinpointed with it using the Non-Motion Audio Discrimination mode and it works pretty well.

What exactly is this mode used for? I guess that I am used to a non motion pinpointing mode as is on other machines.

Bill

A few quick answers.....

Non motion AUDIO disc needs to be ground balanced while in that program.

For non motion disc.......you ground balance in motion mode then switch to non motion.

Non motion AUDIO disc has a fixed disc point which is set somewhere between ferrous and non ferrous.

Non motion disc has an adjustable disc that you set while in that program. I prefer this program because of the adjustable disc.

Non motion AUDIO disc is a little trickier to set up.

For non motion disc:

Ground balance in motion mode then switch to non motion
Set the disc
Set the sensitivity
Set the tune so you get an audible threshold with the coil about 3-4 inches above the ground but is silent at sweep level.

The non motion modes are great at target separation.........better, IMO, than motion mode. Unfortunately, they constantly need to be re-tuned during use. Hope they can fix this in V3.

after setting up the non-motion audio disc.,I resume hunting in motion mode, when I want to pinpoint I just hit the pinpiont button while holding the coil 3' above ground and the non-motion audio disc mode appears on the screen, then I lower the coil to the ground, next to target I press pinpoint again, it retunes itself and I find the target. Works all the time,takes less than 2 seconds to hit the pinpiont twice,once above the ground once on the ground.