Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NorCal prospecting A bust, but saw some nice country

RanchWrench

Hello all, been cruising the forum for a couple weeks now, been prospecting for a couple years here around Chico and Oroville, CA and playing around, just a minor hobby for fun when I can get some time from work and the wife and our little girl, but some of the most fun and relaxing times I've ever had. Just branching out into the field of detecting but love going back to the basics of panning! Just looking to touch base with some people in my area and meet people with the same sickness,(as my wife calls it)! So a good friend of mine does a lot of firewood cutting up the hwy 70 canyon and has been wanting to show me some streams off of Pulga Rd. Didn't find any gold but plenty of firewood, some awesome country and some of the biggest iron pirite chunks I've ever seen! Better luck next time hopefully and maybe some pictures worth putting up for all.

Go east to Butte creek BLM area or feather river and prosper and some great country when we have water,not so now-John

So whats up with the poor or none snowpack? are y'all freaked in the water department this spring? Whatcha all gonna do?:shrug:
Mud

mudpuppy said:
:biggrin:
So whats up with the poor or none snowpack? are y'all freaked in the water department this spring? Whatcha all gonna do?:shrug:
Mud

I heard a bunch of people in Wisconson did a rain dance to a dub-step recording and it threw the weather all wacky.

Minimal flows on controled rivers, flush the toilet once a week and shower with a friend.

Found some decent flakes along butte creek over the last couple years but never actually made it to the forks of butte creek rec area yet, one of these days soon! Planning on heading up to some friends' property in the next week or two on Table Mtn to the old mining town of Cherokee to check out some creeks so I'll keep you posted of any finds. Mud- no clue what's going to happen for sure but the rumors abound...5% of normal water if any at all for crops, maybe be able to irrigate orchards once this year, who knows what is going to happen for sure, we will just have to muscle through like we have in the past!

Hey, Ranch...keep your eyes peeled for diamonds...Cherokee is the site of many diamond finds and somewhere around there was an attempt at a diamond mine...as I recall.
fred

Definitely Fred! That would be an awesome find for sure! I remember growing up my dad telling me the old rumors of people shooting turkey's and find a diamond in there gullet...the one that always interested me the most that I found some mentions of on the web was the gold mine that was bought out and shut down when they hit a layer of blue clay that was loaded with diamonds! I'm only 31 but I love the old history and story's that go way back...you never know if they might have a hint of truth behind them.

Yeah! Keep an eye out for that blue clay! I've got a buddy up in Idaho with a claim that he had assayed..good gold and diamonds too...problem is the snow dont get out of the pass until about Aug!.

He also said theres a water crisis for the farmers out there this spring due to the lack of snow? I'm trying to stay on top of this for obvious reasons.
Mud

Oregon and Washington are starting to say that both states maybe on water rationing this summer. Hardly any snow on the mountains. As usual, we have the politicians screaming that we have to kill all the carbon fuel usage. This spring usually puts a lot of rain in the western valleys-we hope. Best of luck with prospecting to you guys this season. Marv

I hear you Marv, we really are feeling the pain already...got a bit of rain yesterday...3 tenths of an inch in Chico, just enough to keep the dust down!!!!! Rationing here has already been stated for farming, and I also heard as far as SoCal is concerned no car washing and pool filling this year so it's going to be tough for a little bit. Have to say I am a huge fan of the State of Jefferson when it comes to times like this with water shortages and politics start rearing their ugly head!

Water rationing already began here in kalif as of Monday. Ol' Moonbeam Brown declared emergency and applied for fed help and Obummer already agreed so deal is done,campfiresfires are out everywhere this summer in kalif. John

Yea im from the Paradise Area and know the Oroville area and hwy 70 area pretty well. The water situation sucks, but i look at the bright side at least if it don't rain the rivers will be down and give us a good chance at finding some left over gold. Iv been panning about once a week on the West branch of the Feather and Butte creek BLM land up until about 3 weeks ago due to school. Butte creek is prob the best bet for some nice gold, but the BLM issues permits to sluice and it don't reopen until the spring time. Metal detecting and panning is ok but no sluicing. I went to a spot and found about .5 grams in about 3 hrs of digging. Nice chunky gold too. The west branch has gold but its fine, u really have to hike to those spots down about 100 yards or so of steep trails. But get at me ranch wrench maybe we can go some time. Also i have a few videos on youtube of the west branch. Just look up Jessgo33. I won't get any emails on it cause that account somehow got erassed. and i have not posted any new ones but my new acct is Mrjessgo33. lol well have a good one and i would like to know if u find anything up the cherookee way. Jess

Hey Jess, I've seen your videos a while back, recognized your name instantly! I would love to get together and do some prospecting some time, my friends like to go along and have a couple beers but don't really get into it much. We have been researching the Cherokee trip on a daily basis and we have started to develop it into an overnight canoeing/prospecting trip to where the creek we have been interested in dumps into Lake Oroville. The shoreline around the lake is all state property where as all of the Cherokee area is private, and sadly a pretty sketchy dope grow area from what I keep being told. Anyone have any info on wether or not there is any restrictions on prospecting on state owned land like the banks of the lake? From what I've been able to find so far it's no different than BLM ground but if someone has any clarity it would be appreciated. It's probably not going to be this weekend, maybe next but if it's turns out ok it might be a place I could go all year.

NO LAKES NEVER as a rule of thumb but may be some small private ones but PGE/SMUD hate miners too.-just call/visit Bureau of Reclaimation and get their rules in WRITING as rangers speak with forked tongue. I got a lease of BR property for almost 10 years for a local clubs use,got cancelled after 8 or so because a fella told a ranger he found a arrowhead and SLAM closed now-John-

Hoser John said:
NO LAKES NEVER as a rule of thumb but may be some small private ones but PGE/SMUD hate miners too.-just call/visit Bureau of Reclaimation and get their rules in WRITING as rangers speak with forked tongue. I got a lease of BR property for almost 10 years for a local clubs use,got cancelled after 8 or so because a fella told a ranger he found a arrowhead and SLAM closed now-John-

And it was probably a modern broadhead that came off a bowhunters shaft. I had a newbie ranger freakout on me once for pulling up a buried bottle, trying to say it was an artifact. It was a small wine bottle with the label still on it with the bottling date of 1979 on it.
Turn out to be an illegal dumpsite.

On local tv last night was a story about how the sheriffs dept is using more volunteers to patrol and snitch ya out for even pickn' up anything from the muddy quagmires. Used folsum/shasta/and cachuma as examples...sic sic sic Shasts lake looks like a the insides of a dipsy dumpster as carpeted with tourist trash of every kind but DO NOT TOUCH or else. I'm applying for a permit to a mass cleaning now but NEW bond requirements,must have paid archeologist,biologist blah blah blah just to remove broken beer bottles,lawn chairs,engines,refrigerators and other noxious filth-John

Unfortunately, rules and laws like that made me hop the border to Nevada. Not mush better here now.

Never knew picking up someones trash was a crime.