Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not a comparison.. Transitioning from X-Terra 705 TO Whites Spectra V3 ?

I think was more of a question on whether anyone has made the transition from the X-terra to the V3. It was just a bad Subject line.

Neil,

I had a lot of hours on the X-70 & was involved in some field testing of the X-705, and I currently have, among other machines, a V3i.

To be very honest, outside of the fact that they are metal detectors, they are totally different animals. Despite its many options, to me the X-70-705 were essentially turn-on-and-go machines, versatile, decent performers. The V3i is a much more complicated machine, one that, if you are of the right mindset, can be a very capable performer. My own experience with mine is that it is often a weird mix of pleasure and headache at the same time. The amount of variables that the V3i allows you to address/adjust/tweak/change is substantial and I find at times overwhelming. My suggestion would be to utilize some of the programs that the more experienced users on this forum have created, it will save you a lot of work, time & frustration and will get you to finding the good stuff more quickly.

Best of luck.

Bill

Yes, I was thinking more along those lines of 'transitioning'.

(Sorry, didn't read that rule at the top till too late).

I bought some items the other day and they included a Whites catalogue which got me interested.

Looks like this V3i is a decent bit of kit. Lots of innovative features and a wireless headphone set!

Just wondering if there was anyone like myself who own/s a 705 and had made the switch to the Spectra 3 and their opinions.

Danno