Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not all treasure is in the ground

Southwind

Amazing bard find. A car enthusiasts dream. A 1969 Mustang GT500 sitting since the 70's.

A Pennsylvania man named Larry Brown died late last year on his birthday, leaving behind no next of kin, no will and no heirs. A sad story indeed, but one that led to this amazing discovery: Brown had a 1969 Mustang Shelby GT500 in his house, one that he had purchased himself in May, 1969 for the sum of $5,245.97. He stopped driving the car in 1973, putting it in his garage with 8,531 on the clock. From that day on, he maintained the car but never washed it

I'd seen that. Nice car for sure, but I'm kind of skeptical about their odometer claims..
IE: 8,531 miles.. Look at that engine. Ain't no way that engine only has 8k on it. It would
still be fairly clean. Look at all the oil grime buildup, dirt, etc, etc.. More like 108,531 miles
I bet.. The looks of that engine would match 108k.. But like I say, still a nice car.

NM5K said:
I'd seen that. Nice car for sure, but I'm kind of skeptical about their odometer claims..
IE: 8,531 miles.. Look at that engine. Ain't no way that engine only has 8k on it. It would
still be fairly clean. Look at all the oil grime buildup, dirt, etc, etc.. More like 108,531 miles
I bet.. The looks of that engine would match 108k.. But like I say, still a nice car.

that was my first thought too...way too filthy and cruddy under the hood to be a 8K mile car.
It's nice though...(for a Ford:devil:)

Sometimes the unexpected happens? I have a friend that has a mint 1976 thunderbird, inside and out, with less than 5000 miles. I went and saw the car which is inside of his garage, and as soon as i opened the doors my eyes watered. I remembered my grandpa having a car like this back in the middle 80's. The odor of new from inside the car was the trigger. Regards to all.

I love here when the communities have old timer days. Is it sad when I can recognize 60s and 70s cars and have no idea what the shoebox looking toaster was that just blew its horn at me because my old Dodge diesel still rolls coal when you step on it? I love smoking out rice rockets that dont social distance.....