Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not Another Chuckie?!?!

GoVidGo

I went out with my friend Max for a few hours before our metal detecting club meeting. We were hoping to hit something great at the last minute to enter into the monthly contest at the meeting in one of the categories 'best coin', 'best jewelry' or 'best whatever', and hopefully some things to enter into all three categories.

LISTEN TO THIS ONE! We were hunting an 1800's house that Max got us permission to hunt at. I had my Etrac and Max had his Deus. I was detecting on one side of the house where I thought an old clothes line was run. Max was on the other side of the house. he came around to my side of the house and I told him 'Go try alond the side of the house. I bet something is good there'. After a few minutes, he called me over and said 'run your Etrac over this. I am getting a mixed signal in some iron but it seems like something is there'. I picked up a nice high tone on a few back swings. I told him 'I think you have a coin or silver. The Etrac is a silver magnet, and after using it for a while, you know when silver hits on it. Max dug down and POP! out came an 1894 Barber half! What a celebration we had! It was funny that I told him to dig over there and called it that way.

ANOTHER CHUCKIE! I don't know how rare it is, but I found my THIRD Chuck-E-Cheese token! What's the chance of that? Each was from a different location too, so it's not like it's a coin spill. That mouse just keeps haunting me in 2013!

CLUB CONTEST! There was about 5-8 items entered for each category that each member had to vote on. I entered a 1951 quarter I found in the 'best coin' category, and max entered his Barber half. Max ended up winning second place. A guy entered a really nice 2 cent piece and won 1st place. I entered the bronze cuff link in the 'best jewelry' but didn't win. I entered the lead tank I found in the 'best whatever' and ended up winning 1st place and won a 1939 merc as the prize! I found the lead toy tank along a stong wall that runs below the old 1800's house max and I were at. Apparently, a child was probably playing with it along the wall, it fell off, and got lost in time.

Here are some pics of my finds that day, the house we hunted, as well as Max digging his Barber half.

found out the lead toy tank is:
....an antique 1920's lead WWI French Renault FT17 tank toy.

Excellent! Congrats!:thumbup: