Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not CW but there still shells

SharkHunter

These were found last Friday. I found the 1 on the left which is made of brass the 1 on the right is iron which was found by Vern. Does anybody know what era they are from? [attachment 14450 1230051.jpg]

I think these are WW2 practice bombs

I have seen many non-dug...they held a shotgun shell in the nose and marked the area they hit...yes they look lke mortor rounds but they are not.

Dean

I see several people have replied that those are "mortar rounds." Nope... they are WorldWar2 era rifle-grenades. (The hole in the base below the tailfins fits onto the muzzle of a soldier's rifle.)
Another poster is correct in noting that the ones you found are non-explosive "dummy" ones, used for training purposes.
I dug that same model of "dummy" rifle-grenade in a WorldWar2-era hutsite (along with some 1942 Mercury dimes) while relic-hunting on a defunct US military base ...which must remain nameless. ;-)
Regards,
TheCannonballGuy