Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not detecting but still finding!

Ronstar

Its been miserable wet and cold around here lately. Saying up to .9” rain here by Sunday midnight. Yuk
Neighbors tore down an old pole barn built in the 1910s and I got a chance to snoop and find as the destruct was in progress. All my kids wanted some pieces of wood as mementos and the contractor was nice enough to throw a few pieces over then fence. He salvaged just about all the 20-25’ cedar poles and just about all the actual 1” x 12” rough cut exterior cedar boards and discounted his labor in exchange. I think he got the better deal.
Hanging hidden in one of the stalls was a good size hook and chain that I learned was forged and made from scrap metal around the farm. Very interesting piece and I wish I knew what the need was for this…. Its a hook, three straight chain loops and a section of twisted chain. The twisted chain was identified as a section of old tire chains probably off a tractor or big truck. It’s about 18” total length.
It makes a good conversation piece I must admit!
(That old cast iron bathtub had to be moved by the mini excavator, three people not able to pick it up or drag it!)

Attachments

• IMG_2302.jpeg
    IMG_2302.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2303.jpeg
    IMG_2303.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1957.jpeg
    IMG_1957.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2068.jpeg
    IMG_2068.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2069.jpeg
    IMG_2069.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2477.jpeg
    IMG_2477.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 78
That place is calling for you to get your metal detector out and get some cool finds.
When the weather breaks I bet you can get some silver out of there.
My wife watches this show called
Barn Builders, those pictures remind me of that show.

Scrap iron is going for 12 bucks per hundred in the Pennsylvania Ohio area. That Tub is worth some coin as scrap!

That place is calling for you to get your metal detector out and get some cool finds.
When the weather breaks I bet you can get some silver out of there.
My wife watches this show called
Barn Builders, those pictures remind me of that show.
Yup. Could even be a casche or two in the barn.
Back in the days men would hide their monies in the barn or chicken coops.
I'd dig everything in the barn.
Especially big can signals.

So here is a minor update….. construction guy was auguring 30” holes for four foot deep cement bases for the new posts for building. Yup backed in to one when he was trying to turn around. Two weeks later its still mired in muck and it just keeps raining/snowing etc and temps well above freezing. Idiots piled all the trusses and posts etc in the only approach to it so no way to attach winch etc.
He tried to rock it back and forth but rear end just keeps sinking. Funnier than hell to watch…..

Attachments

• IMG_2644.jpeg
    IMG_2644.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2645.jpeg
    IMG_2645.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 30
So here is a minor update….. construction guy was auguring 30” holes for four foot deep cement bases for the new posts for building. Yup backed in to one when he was trying to turn around. Two weeks later its still mired in muck and it just keeps raining/snowing etc and temps well above freezing. Idiots piled all the trusses and posts etc in the only approach to it so no way to attach winch etc.
He tried to rock it back and forth but rear end just keeps sinking. Funnier than hell to watch…..
WoW
Gonna be a lot of iron there.

You'll be back to detecting by the time they get that out.

That’s where a track will stand up on bad soil instead of sink in like rubber tires. Put a bucket on the front and try to use it to pull it forward. Otherwise it’s going to take a tow truck or another machine to get that out. Have you run a detector over that mud?

No. When they did the demolition it was done and gone and the scrap wood, rotten hay/straw etc burnt dead center.
He try the bucket first and then put the auger back on, snd yup, bet its April before they try again.