Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not Good

jst2kool

Got my DE LEON back from TESORO. Still have the same problem I had when I sent it in. ID numbers jumpin everywhere and no its not electric spikes! Im gonna buy a new coil and try that if it doesnt help im junkin it.

I'd call and speak to the tech who did the repairs. Something isn't right here. Tesoro has great customer service.

Before you switch the coil, I'd call. Just a suggestion.

I hope it gets fixed fo you.

I'm just guessing if i rub the bottom of the coil with my fingers it really goes haywire.

How long have you had the Deleon and has it ever worked properly for you?

Don't worry, if its defective Tesoro will make it right at no cost to you under the warranty. You are the original owner, right?

tabman

No its not i bought it used and used it once last year and it was fine. But still i offered to pay for all repairs and they sent it back saying there was nothing wrong with it.

jst2kool said:
No its not i bought it used and used it once last year and it was fine. But still i offered to pay for all repairs and they sent it back saying there was nothing wrong with it.

Just a question, when you sent the Tesoro in did you send in the whole unit or just the control box ?

In the past I drove up to the factory in Prescott, AZ & took my machine in to be tested, they found I had a cut in the coil cord which let water get into the coil destroying it (causing it to be erratic), had to buy a new coil but that fixed the problem. Quick service & I was back swinging again.

HaRM

A buddy of mine had the same problem hunting around his house looking for a lost silver ring, numbers were jumping all around. He has had the Deleon since they first came out back around 2004 or so, I told him to show me his set up, and he had too much sensitivity dialed in for the EMI around his house. I took his Deleon and backed down the sensitivity to 7 or 8 and kept the coil sweep raised a couple of inches off the ground and the Deleon settled down, and then I started to find some pennies he had missed in his yard, but no silver ring.

I would have guessed they would have tested it before they sent it back to you. Where are you testing it? And what settings are you testing it at?

Mike

The screen scrolling is due to interference. Wheather it is electrical or high ground mineralization. If you are on the west side of the United States, then I am going to say it is the mineralization. The Deleon has a factory preset ground rejection and again could be the wrong machine for the highly mineralized ground in the western US.

I live in the east and have tryed it in several different spots in my yard with no power lines. Even with the coil facing the sky i have the same problem. If i leave the sensitivity set at 1 its fine but once it gets above 4 it goes nuts. I take that back it now does it at any setting. I don't want you guys to take me wrong I'm not knocking Tesoro, Ive been detecting since the mid 80s my 1st dector was the old style Eldorado. This 1 i have now is a problem child. Im doing air test only but it does the same in my test garden to.

Maybe buried power lines try taking it away everything i.e. an open field turn it on make sure all connections are tight. I have had mine since it came out and the only time it has ever acted up was inside a house or under or above some power source.

I suggest that you take it well away from your home to test it. Several miles away. There may be no overhead power lines near your house, but that does not mean there is no EMI near your house. e.g there could be underground cables, there could be someone close by who is a radio nut and constantly has his transmitter on.... etc. etc. The possibilities are numerous. Take the machine right away from your house environment, and test it again... then at least you will know one way or the other. Just a suggestion. Good Luck.

I brought my trust ole Shadow X2 out of the closet one day last year and went to the backyard which is very large and only underground telephone in back...I turned the Shadow on and it went bonkers. Sputtering and static at any setting. I had never heard my machine act like this under any conditions. I thought my X2 was seriously sick and was prepared to send it in. As I was walking around the house to the garage with unit on, the closer I got to the new "Smart Meter" my electric company had recently installed, it went off the charts haywire. The closer I got the Shadow to the meter, the crazier it acted. The Smart Meter was the problem. I went back outside about 15 minutes later and no problem, the X2 was normal again. I have read somewhere that off and on throughout the day the Smart Meter may send out or receive information wireless. Not sure if that is true but It sure drove my detector crazy for a bit.

I found something out this morning. I left the Deleon in my garage lastnite which the tempt gets down around 40 overnight. I came up this morning and turned it on and it worked perfect. Now that its about 70 in my garage its acting crazy again. Any ideals?

Maybe bad solder joint in the control box or bad coil. If you are lucky, its just the coil connector. You can check that yourself. If that doesn't work and you have a coil to try, do so. Perform the same tests and see if there is a change. If not you know its the box. If it works after testing you know its the coil. If you have no coil, send a note with the detector to Tesoro and explain your findings. It will be a little cheaper than buying a coil.

jst2kool said:
I found something out this morning. I left the Deleon in my garage lastnite which the tempt gets down around 40 overnight. I came up this morning and turned it on and it worked perfect. Now that its about 70 in my garage its acting crazy again. Any ideals?
I honestly believe this is what happened to my Silver Sabre umax. Sent it in 5 times and it worked at their factory perfectly. Finally, my dealer traded me for a Silver umax-which I have now. I was told later that they finally put in a new circuit and his Dad was now using it without any problems. All I can say is it happens to the best of Companies, sometimes. Hope I'm wrong.

I kinda think your right slingshot. It worked perfect at the factory. I dont wanna spend a $ 100.00 on a new coil just to find out its the control box.

Sure has caused some interference in my yard since I had it put in..

You were saying that it went crazy when you touched the coil?
Tapping lightly with your fingers should bring out problems. Could be the strain relief area of the wire going into the coil. A gentle wiggle should bring that out.
A bad capacitor, solder joint, or other component could be the problem if it's not the coil/connection. You could warm it up a bit with a hair dryer, then use canned air (duster) turned upside down to freeze individual components on the PCB.

Doesn't really apply to your Tesoro, but I had a Shadow X2 that I really wanted to keep and use.
After I would have it in opewration for a while, it would start chattering badly. Sent it to the
Tesoro factory, got a call from Rusty, stating that the X2 with it's factory set ground balance did
not do well in the West where I live. Bummer, but that was the problem. Sold it to a fellow who
lives where the ground isn't a problem.