Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not happy today

HotTexas

Went to a park today, was not happy with 350 in trash, dug 36 bottle caps one quarter and one penny, There was so much noise I could not hunt with it, turned sen down 5 bars, coin mode, notch out nickels and pennies and it was going off every swing, banging in my ears, slow fast it didn't matter. Is the 250 like this?

Yes...in a trashy area the smaller Sniper coil works best. At least with the DD coil you have better separation of all of those targets. Anything else would be too much for the ears.

Just curious HT , what kind of bottle caps were you a digging mostly, aluminum , steel with the ace? My ATpro seems to get it right on the aluminum screw type , but the steel bud light gives me a little trouble (sneaky ones). I read your post the other day and you had a great time on the field with your new machine , but today ?.I think I need a smaller coil for my pro , i already c it .The trashy sites suck.

but don't overlook these because I have found coin right next to them. You have to listen closely to the sounds, if you have a double sound on a swing, you may want to dig it, 2 targets in one hole.

Thanks Bobbie, I know that, but you can't find a target because it constantly goes off, #2 I'm NOT going to dig 90 bottle caps to find 3 coins. If I can't enjoy it I don't want it, I see none of the big boys weighed in so I must be right.

Luke, They were most steel bottle caps, and yes if you hunt parks you will need a smaller coil,

yes, I had a very good time with it the other day guess I just got lucky and there wasn't much trash around, yesterday I hunted around a picnic table I could not hunt it, left there and went deeper into the park, not as bad but couldn't hunt the park.

I only have a certain tolerance for these kind of areas but they can be productive if you stick with it. Normally I can take all the chatter for just so long and I will move to quieter areas and come back later.

Jerry

Use the notches and get rid of some of the noise. That is what the are there for. Some folks talk the notch down but I've always used them as needed and they will increase your enjoyment by decreasing the amount of audio you have to listen to.
Will you miss some good stuff? Of course you will. But they'll be there for another day when you get better tuned to the detector and can handle a little more noise.

Steel bottle caps and tabs are the bane of us all. Doesn't matter what you swing. Sometimes you can id them and sometimes you can't. What you'll find yourself doing is digging them even if you id them just to prove yourself right :Crazy:

Good luck.
Mike

some areas have so much trash you might want to turn the disc. all the way up and just get the dimes and quarters

I believe thats where the vid and irn audio come into play with the Pro. I am not sure if the 350 has Zero mode. If it does you usually can rule out the iron caps with the low grunt. I have to cirle the target and recheck the signal. If I dont some times I cant tell. I then swith on iron audio on. I wish I could be of more help with the 350. I have a 250 I got a minelab xs to help me deal with the issues of the 250. Now only the pro. Smaller coil is the only way to go.

I'm having the same problem with my 350. Hoping that finding a quieter place to hunt will help me figure it out a little more. Right now, it certainly isn't my favorite detector. Then again, I have only had it out once, so I guess it is too soon for me to pass judgement.

Yes it is to soon pass judgement, go read my new post One thing that really helped me was SLOW way down, it doesn't take much movement to set it off. Hunt very slow in the trash.