Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not much, but its something

aushunter

Gudday fellow water hunters,
Just got back from a little trip in Northern New South Wales here in Oz.
Hunted a very shallow bay which is only about 2ft in depth at low tide and an average sand depth of about 1ft.
The sand either bottomed out on solid rock or a puggy hardish type clay.
High tide is the time that every body goes for a swim and have been doing so for the past 100yrs or so.
So I thought this should be an interesting place to hunt. Only hunted a very small part of this enclosed bay
and only scored a bit of lead, a bit of coinage and divers knife. Oh also a 6 cylinender engine block in the deeper part of the swim zone.
No gold, but I think I will keep hunting as this place has not been gone over because of the amount of lead that came to light.
Thanks for looking
aushunter:ausflag::minelab::bounty:

[attachment 141180 treasurehunters002.jpg]
Trusty ole pirate ship

[attachment 141181 treasurehunters003.jpg]
My youngest lad with the shallow bay in the back ground.

[attachment 141182 treasurehunters005.jpg]
Rewards for 3hrs of hunting.

[attachment 141184 treasurehunters006.jpg]
One lone foreigner.

[attachment 141185 treasurehunters008.jpg]
More lead to add to the collection.

I like that kind of hunting and wish I could join you Hunter!

Keep digging Friend, that gold is there somewhere!

CJ

Boy that put the real meaning to ( Get the lead out ) Nice knife, Maybe Gold next time. Did you look to see If there was a body tied to the engine block? Gene

good lookin knife! did the engine block fit in your pouch?:surprised:

:surprised: wow that's a pile of lead aushunter but I'm surprised there's not more coins with a 100 years of activity, i usually find the most gold rings where there's heaps of coins.
sounds like you've got ideal hunting conditions keep at it the gold will be hiding there some where.
lazyaussie

There has got to be some gold there.
I have been looking at this spot for years, every time I went there for a visit I quietly thought to myself, that spot has gotta be good.
Those sinkers have been laying on the bottom for quite a while. And the amount of people that swim there over the yrs has got to
produce some loss of items over time. I will continue to hit this spot in future, but I gotta leave the wife behide as she isn't at all
interested in our hobby. She reckons that I have to much Treasure/Trash and gives me a bit of a ribbing every now and then.
Anyway, that little spot will have to wait as I am now back in Brisbane, back to work in the office designing earthmoving gear.
The local swimming holes are in use again, so a visit or two will be on the cards this weekend.
CJ, it would be good to have hunting buddy with similar interests. My prospecting mate passed away a few yrs ago and it's just not the same. Only 48yrs old.
God bless ya Marty.

Anywho lads
Cheers and HH
aushunter:ausflag::beers::usaflag::minelab:

looks like a good spot given its history-keep at you'll hit the good stuff in due time---of coarse unless like a few spots here that look great but the people who lived there never had anything to loose so theres nothing to find