Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not my day!!

JAN1

Thought I would go down the beach for a couple of hours yesterday for a bit more practice with my Nox.
Started well with a few coins and then the heavens opened, thunder and lightning very near plus cloud bursts and hail but carried on as I was wearing my HH jacket and waders as usual but the worst was the battery packed up in my Vibra probe and you cannot detect that beach without, that has never happend in 10years, must be a faulty battery so had to walk back to the car, will try again tomorrow.

One good thing about the NOX is the early warning of nearby lighting. When for no reason your machine gets real chatty real quick. Tomorrow will be the day!

Personally, this may have been a blessing in disguise. Lightening? I'm out of there. I wouldn't be in or out of the water detecting. To me, there is no gold, platinum or silver that is worth possible getting killed or severely injured over. Be safe.

I actually like detecting in the rain but lightning - Nope not happening.
when it rains I have the whole beach / park to myself.
Doug

Last edited:
The squalls were very short about five mins so I just stopped put my detector and spade away from me until the sun came out again. On another note a person in the village about 100 yards away from our house was hit by lightning but is OK so nowhere is safe.
Shall be going to the beach in a moment as the sand has dropped a few feet in the last couple of days so we shall see.