Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not one but TWO 5-coin spills!

Unfortunately only one was old! Took a trip to hit one of my favorite old parks, and re-worked an area where I've had previous success. First good signal was what sounded like a quarter, not deep. In the hole were 2 quarters, 2 dimes and a nickel.

Not long after, I got a signal that was sounding like an Indian, but pinpointing a little wide. After digging down about 7 inches, I came up with a signal in my hand, but the pinpointer said there was something else in the hole. I dropped the first object in my bucket, scooped out another signal and still the pinpointer sang more. The first 2 pics are the coins after I located them all. There was one single Indian (1902) and then 2 groups of 2 coins stuck together, which turned out to be a 1903 Indian and an 1896 V-Nickel and 1883 and 1890 Indians. You'll see the green on the coins where they were stuck.

I went on to find two more Indians (1904 & 1907), another V-Nickel (1889) a 1943-P War Nickel and 7 wheats, one being a 1909.

As I don't have time to get the coins cleaned tonight and won't all week, I attached a pic of them just cleaned to the point where I could ID them. I'll try to get a pic up of them once they're all cleaned.

Hope you all had some success this weekend!

Enjoy the pics and HH.

-- Jeff --
[size=large][/size]

Very nice coin spill. Funny how when there are several coins together, they are usually more corroded than single coins. The worst Indians I have found were three found in one hole.

Great finds Jeff!! I'll bet there's a lot more tucked away. The harder to find ones are usually the best.
Bruce