Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

not putting down AT pro But:help:

oldbob55

I was thinking of getting a AT Pro as a backup but seeing so many on the for sale forums this one and other sites im a little hesitant on getting one. Can someone tell me why. How does it do in salt water and land where i live a lot of red clay. Thanks for any info you can give

Bob

HH to all

Hmmm....you must be on sites I'm not on...( I'm on 6 different) cause compared to others I haven't seen that many?:confused:

oldbob55 said:
I was thinking of getting a AT Pro as a backup but seeing so many on the for sale forums this one and other sites I'm a little hesitant on getting one. Can someone tell me why.

All those jilted At Pros' :cry: in the sales forums have a story to tell OldBob, just like a divorcee in the "singles" personal columns . Some of their former relationships failed due to audio misunderstandings. :yikes: The At Pros tried to tell their detectorist what was going on right under their coil but the dectionist just wouldn't listen and due to that lack of communication, and they parted ways.:blink:

The At Pro has the energy and friskiness of two twenty year old wimmens. Some detectorist find out that they just aren't wired for 220 :rofl:

Others Pros' became the victim of detectionist curiosity, once out of the box, the new detector smell wore off, they were either delegated to the closet, or put in the for sale classified with the undignified titled of now being "used." This "for sale" action is usually precipitated at the urging of the detectorist's wife, in an audio format truly understood by the dectorist.

My advice is to not to try to take a scorned :veryangry: AT Pro and try to "use" her as a backup. She will want to be the dominant :devil: filly in the stable, and you will never spend the time it takes to become as one, and if she goes TZ on you, at your age "oldbob55" we might not be able to bring you back.

NEXT

QH

And a few end up for sale in the classifieds periodically......Some people will buy every metal detector that is released, use it a little simply for curiosity then sell it .And, if they kept every machine which they purchased, they would have to rent a place to store them all. They could be considered a "JACK OF ALL MACHINES, MASTER OF NONE." However, if you follow many of the forums, you will find out how busy this forum is compared to all the others, Some forums mention how good their machine can be....this forum actually shows you with all the relics, coins silver and gold being found.

Want to get a good deal on a AT Pro.....consider buying a used one..:smoke:

oldbob55 said:
I was thinking of getting a AT Pro as a backup but seeing so many on the for sale forums this one and other sites im a little hesitant on getting one. Can someone tell me why. How does it do in salt water and land where i live a lot of red clay. Thanks for any info you can give

Bob

HH to all

It might be a good chance to pick up a used At-Pro.. One sold on July 4th (within the Classified section of the Finds Forum) for 325.00 shipped. I'm sure you could resell it if you decide that you don't like it.

Quarterhorse is sooooooooooooooo. right! Everything he said hits the nail on the head. I bought my AT Pro three weeks ago, I have got three gold,and four silver rings and a lot of change I missed with my other high dollar machine. The AT is telling you every target under the coil at once. Most of the time I get three sounds as I sweep over the ground, now I'm talking around fire pits on the beach. There are gobbs of nails, foil, melted pop cans which glob into odd shaped nuggets, beer tabs, and bottle caps. Ok now, the AT will sound on everyone of those if it's under the coil. I dig every thing from the 40's up, but not the iron beeps. thats why I get so many gold and silver rings. With some practice and want to, this machine will produce some amazing finds. Here's what happens in my area most of the time I will hear iron beeps like crazy then as I move slow across the ground I'll get a light hit of a high beep in between the iron beeps, i'll take my foot and drag away some sand if the high is gone and only low iron i'll keep going but if I still have a hint of high it is almost always a coin hiding in those nails. Same with a gold ring. Don't let those people who sell keep you from a very fine machine, Gene

The AT Pro is not really a beginner's machine. Even Vaughn Garrett on his introduction video on YouTube about the AT Pro he says something like, "It's for the professional.." and then he pauses like, "oops" but it's also great for the beginner.

That being said, you can set it in standard mode and start hunting and do quite well in just that mode, but it takes a good amount of work and patience to master. I've got about 30 hours on mine and still have lots of questions. By this time with any other machine I've owned, I've had it down. Learning the best settings to use in a given hunting situation and learning how to discern the many sounds it makes just takes time. And that time comes in the form of digging up targets. You have to dig up lots of stuff to really understand what the sounds mean to you, and many just don't want to take that time. Here's the bottom line for most people...if not all.

They just want a machine to give them the largest quantities of coins, jewelry and relics with the least amount of effort. That threshold of effort is different for each person. When that threshold is reached, the detector is sold.

Others have had multiple issues with early AT Pros and don't want to deal with problems, postage, waiting, anymore.

Being successful at this requires a good amount of patience..not just while hunting, but with learning the hobby and occasionally dealing with issues when they come up.

- Muddyshoes

Simply put...for the astronomical number of units sold....(hottest selling machine on the market)...the number of used ones for sale is really low!! I'm just saying and the numbers have to be higher...that if say 25,000 machines have been sold nationwide and you at any time see a dozen for sale across multiple forums...thats nothing. Used is even better, the machines are so new that you are going to have alot of warranty still available...and on average you are going to save yourself atleast $125 off the price of buying a brand new one. Be for warned though...the AT Pro doesn't like to be in second place...it kicked my V3i out of first place over a month ago. On a quiet night I can hear my V3i whimpering in the closet. I should get her out and give her some attention....mmmmm....well, maybe next week. :lol:

Hi John

My name is Toddy, I have been on the Infinium for years, you might bremember some of my posts. I was looking at an AT Pro for chest deep sea water will the AT cope?? being a VLF. I trust your experience as a beach man.

Toddy

If you are talking about salt water, I hope someone else can chyme in hear. I have used mine in fresh water many times and find it works as good in the water as on land.

Here are some videos for the AT Pro..... there are some related to water hunting.

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_at_pro_videos.aspx

I would like to hear about the AT s performance in saltwater conditions also. If it handles salt well it could be great in the arsenal.

I used mine for the first time in the salt water off the Korean coast last weekend and had no problems. I ground balanced it when I entered the water then went to work. Unfortunately, I only found beer tops, but that was both in the water and out of the water. My sensitivity was set at 4 bars - no falsing problems at all.