Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not sure what to think on my new f75se

Well so far ive had decend luck at my favorite park. Yesterday i went to an old ghost town with tons of iron, nails and junk. Seems like everything makes the f75se go into overload. Double checked ground balance many times, kept balancing around 75. Doesn't seem to matter if im in de mode or bp mode. Can only run at about 20 on sense withwithout it going into overload on every rifle casing or the bigger screw on bottle lids. When I say screw on bottle lids talking like the size of the older whiskey bottles. I was near a overhead powerline but going far away didn't seem to make a difference or changing frequency. Dont get me wrong I love all the features of the f75, but at this site my atgold seems to be 3x the machine that the f75 is! Maybe someone has some suggestions?

I'd recommend lifting your coil a few inches above the ground... should get rid of the overload signal on the smaller things like casings and bottle lids, and BP will let you get away with it. :thumbup:

check your connection at the machine for the coil wire............ You should not be getting an overload on those targets..........

I was running zero disc and also trying 22-25 disc, didn't make a difference on the overloading. I had to drop my sense to 15-20. Only thing that kept it from getting ghost signals and overloading. I didn't check my coil cable but usually make sure its good and tight. I was using the sniper coil, guess I should have tried 11" dd.

I've had that a few times on my F70 when they were very shallow, but that was with the 11". How deep were the ones you dug?

Well how I noticed it was by digging deeper stuff then sticking the coil over it after I had dug down a few inches. Prob a combination of emi and high ground mineralization? I guess ill have to test my 11" and see if it does the same. If not call fisher I guess. Maybe was solar flares lmao

It shouldnt overload on objects that small and emi won't cause overloads in my experience, just excessive chatter and high tone falsing... Like Elton said, check your connection, common for them to not be pushed in all the way. Try the other coil and see if anything changes. Hope you get it figured out, they are nice detectors. You are brave to run wide open. I will usually have the discrimination at 6 when hunting old home sites. That will usually knock out most nails and smaller iron...

Overload when there is no big shallow targets is a coil issue. When my 11" coil on my G2 went bad, that's what it did....on mine it was when I got it wet swinging it through dewey grass. Called up FT and told them I am getting overload everywhere and they said "bad coil"...like others said...try the 11" coil.

yup mine didnt overload in the wet grass but i couldnt even use it hardly, kept getting ghost signals every swing. I thought it was just me being new to the machine. Came back later in the afternoon and seemed to work ok. Came back next morning after sprinklers system went off and ghost signal after ghost signal. Didnt matter what or how i set up the machine. I just got frustrated and went home.

Try this setting... I was getting a lot of chatter with mine and this setting seemed to calm it down. If I get an overload signal, I lift the coil and trace the target to get an idea of how large it is. Hope this helps...

Mode: PF
Tone: 2f or 3 ( I prefer 2f and dig anything that gives a good repeatable signal.)
Disc: 15
Sense: 70-75 (or what ever doesn't chatter, could be higher or lower.)

Do a 'Factory Reset' in order to eliminate any goofy settings that could be causing this....I do not have a 75, so I may be talking out of my rear end, but I'm up and you asked for some help...:thumbup:

In order to hunt a place like that...I'd set my 70 with a low disc, like 4, a neg thresh, a mid range sens, like 55...whatever tones you prefer...4 or more...If on the chance I begin to get some EMI, I hit the HZ button to find one that works best...

also, try NOT ground balancing after the Factory Reset and see what happens..you should be able to hunt that place just as good or better with the 75 as with your AT...In fact, if you can get it comfortable, it should really be a pleasure to hunt with in that kind of place....my 70 will work spots like that with great success if its set up right...report back, maybe somebody has a better idea with all this new info..
Mud

When you state you tried re-ground balancing, was it via the pumping method, or did you actually try different ground balance settings using manual ( ie, overidding what the pumping method set it as) ? There is something in the back of that building that is whacking out the F75se and it will be interesting if you can figure it out and have the F75se run stable and sniff out another silver or two.

As I continue to use my F75se, I an experimenting with different coil and setting combinations. Found out this morning a really great setting using my NEL Sharpshooter. BP mode, disc 43, sens 12, 3H tones can bang out deep silver and run very stable.

The F75se is a beast and has LOTS of options. Gotta be patient with the sucker as I can understand how some hunters got fed up early and sold them.

i tried both ground balancing methods, manual i couldnt get the machine stable. Ill have to go back and try a few of ur guys suggestions. I was getting ate alive by skeeters! I might be running to much sense cause i dug a 22 size bullet had to be no less than 8 inches. I was running 25 sense on de mode, switching bace and forth from 22 discrim to 0. Ive never found coins at these old sites more than 3-4 inches.

I went back to ghost town with the bad ground. Did a reset and ground balance. Machine seemed to run good with 11" dd, a disc of 18 seems to make run pretty smooth. Went across the bad area and machine got a little chattier but ran good I thought. So tried the 5. I had to run 5" with a sensitivity of about 20 max or it overloaded. It seemed stable though unlike before. I still think I should be able to run this coil hotter without it giving an overload? Then I tried the 5" again in the wet grass at same park that I could hardly use it at before and it ran great. I was able to run 50-60 on the sense. Fisher said they would give me a new one, just want to make sure im not making a mistake before sending to fisher.