Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not sure what to think

BillF

Yesterday, coming home from detecting I happened upon 3 newly vacated and WSDOT purchased homes. These homes are 1905,1927 & 1907.Stopped for about an hour and a half. It doesn't appear that the yards have been searched yet. Found a small pocket full of change, 1 ring and a '21 & '29 wheat. Went back today and hit the back, side and fronts of the 1905 and 1927 houses for about 2 hours each. Found another pocket full of change, 1 ring and 2 wheats.
Unless these have been searched in the past, I just can't believe I didn't find anything but newer coinage. Very odd.

Bill, you would be surprised to know just how many yards have been MDed over the years, a lot of them. I know if it was me I would go over them a few more times and go SLOW.

If I can I'm going to Mark. Since the state bought these they get pretty possessive of the property. I don't think its right since my tax dollars bought them, but that's for a different forum.
I'm hoping that once I get the newer stuff out of the way there might be older coins hiding underneath. Or as my wife said, they may have been detected by a neighbor years ago. I just was so excited to get in there and....nothing.

Maybe everything is simply deeper - here in W Tennessee there's not a lot of detecting interest per capita compared to the rest of the country, which is fine from my angle, but I've detected some houses that 60 and 70-year residents swore up and down that not one person has set foot on the property with a detector. So I proceed to find some clad and then get a faint signal, and quickly find out the everything interesting is living at the 7" and deeper range. This has happened three times this year, and makes me wonder what I'm missing at 10" and beyond!

I'd make a return trip to at least one of those houses and concentrate on the high traffic areas...you just never know!

GL & HH

I started out with an automatic GB. Then went over some of the same areas with GB tracking. Then did a factory reset and when everything seemed a little too quiet I bumped up sensitivity to 20 then 25. Got a lot noisier but nothing deep. Just trying to see if there is a setting that might be better.
Using the 10.5" and splitting my time between AM and pattern 2 with only the negative numbers notched. I still prefer AM but today I just wanted a little P&Q.

Bill what coil were you using? The 3kHz concentric really sniffs out the deep silver.

Depends how many times those old yards have been resided over the years. Those old coins could be very deep down.

I was using the 10.5" DD. Pretty sure if the silvers there this coil would have found it.
I might go back with the Digger. If I find the chewy center after just a few licks with either coil, I'll post it here.