Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not the war I was looking for…

Geologyhound

But I’ll take it. I was hunting at a Civil War union camp. Located the nail beds of two more camp buildings (found four so far) and one Civil War era residence. The camp buildings were a little further over than I expected based on the old map. I was running a V1.1 modified fast square and had to bump recovery speed to around 2+ due to the nails. The EMI at parts of this site is bad enough such that the best offset and sensitivity in the low 80s still results in warbly signals. Came across a relatively good nickel signal near the side of one of the nail patches. Around 4 to 5 inches down, up pops a dirt covered disc with silver highlights - a 1945 P war nickel! Not the war I was looking for, but I’ll take it!

The wrench is also not the desired time period. But I kept getting a consistent localized 70s reading surrounded with iron grunts.

I’m still relatively new to the D2. But one thing I’ve learned in the last couple outings - if I’m getting a consistent signal but can’t pinpoint as there is a large metal target underneath or multiple metal targets in the vicinity that pull the pin point off to the side of the “good” signal, then I locate as best as possible based on the signal and then leave it to the MI6 to pick it up as I dig. That has resulted in several coins. This time I got a wrench thrown in my plans. 🤪

I think the residence has been pretty well hunted. The only signals I was pulling from the nails there were 60s and 70s – can slaw, along with new and beavertail pulltabs and flaps. The small motor brass (?) gasket and lead strip were there.

Attachments

• 950C7026-9131-48E2-B9A0-44FA299A8B7F.jpeg
    950C7026-9131-48E2-B9A0-44FA299A8B7F.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 65
  • 1435D14F-911D-4567-931C-1628A331C21A.jpeg
    1435D14F-911D-4567-931C-1628A331C21A.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 64
  • B2BC3153-3378-4F57-BBDD-9FB328191288.jpeg
    B2BC3153-3378-4F57-BBDD-9FB328191288.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 65
Brass piece is a clock frame.
Congrats on the war nickel.