Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not todays but.....

okierebel

I was reading simpsonslammers post on digging family history. Couple of years ago hunted granma and granpa's old place in Ark.
House he built in 1920. Coal miner (shaft) his whole life. Had 3 hand dug wells that he dug himself. Man were those people tough
back then. Worked in mine all night farmed during day. I told my brother it would be so cool to find something personalized.
Dang if we both didn't find miners tags, hence my avatar 20170905_200745.jpg20170903_132100.jpg20170903_132148.jpg

Nice finds! Gotta love the history and family connection too, betting there is more there.....

I agree. Can you imagine being lowered down on a board and rope like a boatswains seat to work.
I think it's about 30' deep

Nice finds! Gotta love the history and family connection too, betting there is more there.....
When I do go back I'd love to find a company store chit looks like a token. I also know where it was too.
I think those stores usually kinda had people over a barrel so to say. There is a miners monument in Greenwood, Ark.
Pop worked mines around Jenny Lind area. That's where we lived when i was born. My dad always said you could throw
a cat through the cracks in the walls of our old house;)Greenwood_Coal_Miners_Mem_f.jpg

Last edited:
When I do go back I'd love to find a company store chit looks like a token. I also know where it was too.
I think those stores usually kinda had people over a barrel so to say. There is a miners monument in Greenwood, Ark.
Pop worked mines around Jenny Lind area. That's where we lived when i was born. My dad always said you could throw
a cat through the cracks in the walls of our old house;)View attachment 8393

a cat through the cracks in the walls of our old house;)View attachment 8393
Tennesee Ernie Ford--Ya load 16 tons (Coal) & what do ya get? I owe my soul to the Company store!! Ma

That is amazing miss Ma i was just sitting here thinking about the words to his song!!! No joke:confused::D

That is amazing miss Ma i was just sitting here thinking about the words to his song!!! No joke:confused::D
That is our God. Who works in mysterious ways His Wonders to perform! God's Spirit witnessing to both of us! But I forgot to add these words after what do you get? Another day older & deeper in debt--well I actually just remembered them & the REST of the song--maybe someone else remembers??? Ma

In Wv and of course other states the miners could buy their groceries at the company store and then when pay day rolled around you got paid in tokens "Script" to pay what you owed at the store. Your rent came out of your pay check up front. Some Mine Script is highly collectible. I saw a piece go for over 300 dollars that was from a mine that was close to where i grew up.

In Wv and of course other states the miners could buy their groceries at the company store and then when pay day rolled around you got paid in tokens "Script" to pay what you owed at the store. Your rent came out of your pay check up front. Some Mine Script is highly collectible. I saw a piece go for over 300 dollars that was from a mine that was close to where i grew up.
Yes the Coal Companies made them slaves by keeping the workers poor & under their control; so the CEO"S must heve been wealthy DEMONCRATS! Ma