Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Notching and masked signals lowers VDI

Interesting, but as I think about it, logical. So if you have two overlapping frequency responses, and your machine wants to show you the highest amplitude response(theoretically the shallower or larger target) it will give you a response just above the notch. Don’t think of the say 70 vdi pull tab as a bar, but as a mountain where 70 is the peak. If we notch out to 71 but the the mountain is still higher than the coin mountain beside it, 72 will be the next logical vdi.

Interesting, but as I think about it, logical. So if you have two overlapping frequency responses, and your machine wants to show you the highest amplitude response(theoretically the shallower or larger target) it will give you a response just above the notch. Don’t think of the say 70 vdi pull tab as a bar, but as a mountain where 70 is the peak. If we notch out to 71 but the the mountain is still higher than the coin mountain beside it, 72 will be the next logical vdi.
Yep it seems there are so many variables when detecting that's why I try to hunt all the time with no discrimination It lets me hear everything and in 5 tones or less
Mark

Yep it seems there are so many variables when detecting that's why I try to hunt all the time with no discrimination It lets me hear everything and in 5 tones or less
Mark
That’s what I do. Zero discrimination. 5 tones. This thread though has sure made me think about trying the notching described

I see the result. I would think some sort of Mask Detected alert could be programmed into the software. The simple quick comparative of notch|no notch would seem to yield the info needed. Sounds like an interesting feature for XP to offer in an update.

Very interestI guess for sure.
It is an interesting subject for sure. Sorry about the typo above, spell check knows best.
I have found coins in the same hole as trash. Sometimes multiple items of trash but never when they are touching coins or as close as you showed. So I feel it’s not an D2 issue as it is a general detector issue.

If you use the threshold in discrimination, will it null over the notch or disc setting? If so, a signal VID a point or two over the notch after a null could possibly be a coin with much higher normal VID. I did notice the same thing as the video shows with my Impact and Deus. However, if you turn 90 degrees both ways, you will be able to tell there are two objects and probably get a more accurate reading on both.