Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Notching question

Foiled

Hey there, I never thought about it until now but when I'm using my DEUS and I notch a certain range and using "normalize" for all frequencies TID, should I be notching according to the frequency I'm using at the time or using notch for the "normalize" TID reading, will the detector figure that out, is that part of "normalize" too?

I've been doing it according to the TID instead of the frequency so have I been wasting my time by notching the wrong range of targets? Does that make sense what I'm asking, am I over thinking it?
Thanks for the help.

I think that is a good question. My guess would be that it is notching the frequency and not the normalized tid.

My understanding is if in normalized Id all frequency will read the same visual id on a dime,nickel,quarter,etc

Go grab a pull tab and find out! Curious as well!

Thanks, why didn't I think of that?
I guess I could go experiment:detecting: Notching confuses me a bit, I always seem to press the wrong arrows and get all mixed up, I guess I'll go practice :blink:

I was out this morning for about and hour and found this stuff, big .925 and diamond ring that came in at a solid 96, about 6 inches down, no old coins but I'll take 'em.

FullSizeRender%20copy_1.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Use notch for normalized ID.

If you don't for example if you notch for 12khz,,say a tab,,,,then switch to 8 or 4 kHz,,,tab likely will come through tone wise,,,giving lower TID vs what TID is given in 12khz.

I don't use normalize,,,remember,bet it works in an ideal sense,,,it can throw a per own off sometimes,,,with colocated targets,,masking,,iron,and depth.
Better to use adjacent programs when checking targets like using 4khz.

But folks can use the way they want to.

Nice haul! Whatever your doing is working, well maybe not maybe you will need bigger pockets for carrying all you find after the question is answered......

I think Andy answered this at one time, maybe to a search here and see......

Jim