Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Note To Self #1

CladDog

1. The next time you take the Compadre to the beach
2. To do jewelry hunting in the dry sand
3. And you decide to set your discrimination just below IRON to pick up thin gold chains
4. Please remember to bring a fine sand sifter
5. As most of your targets are going to be so small
6. They are going to fall through the holes of your sand scoop
7. And you will spend the next ten minutes trying to find the blasted target!!:blink:

I love this little machine. :inlove:

you may want to try a rake as well to snag the chains, but I hear you on that small stuff, like Iron BB,s

Yeah, it's the little flakes of iron and aluminum that get you. A rake wouldn't help. Going back tomorrow and taking a plastic trowel with me for the really small stuff. That should help.

Check out kids sandbox/beach toys. Those kits with the scoop and bucket usually have a plastic sand sifter. Should be ideal for what you are doing.

Some times I just grab a hand full of sand and wave it over my coil and work from that hand full... KEN. Ind