Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nothing about Tejon last time..

How long have you had your Tejon? Surely you can think of something.

tabman

i don't have a Tejon but i'm thinking to buy one..
right now i have a Vista Smart and a Detech eds Winner..

What kind of detecting do you mostly do? Coins, jewelry, relics?

tabman

I hunt mostly coins/relics in the forest where is relatively clean ground..i'm looking for something deeper comparing with what i have right now and i'm thinking about a Tejon with an Ultimate coil..
What do you think?

I watched the new detecting "reality" show last night, Dig Fellas, on the Travel Channel. I noticed in the first episode that one of the guys was swinging a Tesoro Tejon!! I live about 6 miles from the site they were hunting in Bath, NC. Unfortunately, just like the "Diggers" they make some pretty long leaps in their reasoning when declaring they found evidence of any specific past activity. Maybe they did, maybe not!! Why can't a detecting show come on that didn't involve insane antics or reactions to finding stuff? I personally keep a low profile until I have had time to positively id something or make any assumptions. Fun to watch though. Now I know where to start looking for Blackbeard's crib! Lol!

liaso said:
I hunt mostly coins/relics in the forest where is relatively clean ground..i'm looking for something deeper comparing with what i have right now and i'm thinking about a Tejon with an Ultimate coil..
What do you think?

From what I have read I thought the Vista Smart was suppose to be really deep. I've never used the Ultimate Coil, but I know the Tejon goes really deep on buttons and lead. A lot of people use them for relic hunting because of that.

Where are you located?.

tabman

Vista Smart is a good detector but i don't have many options concerning the coils..i need a big coil to cover more and to gain some depth :)
for example Vaquero gives more clear signals at deep targets compared with Smart and i think is little deeper than Smart
I'm from Romania

The Tejon is a little deeper than the Eldorado. What I like best about the Tejon is its adjustable tone and dual discrimination.

It will dig you death looking for deep tiny targets though. I guess that's why relic hunters like them so much. They're into finding tiny civil war buttons.

tabman

Yes i like very much that dual discrimination,i'm curious if someone has made a comparison between Tejon with ultimate coil and T2 SE :)

Thanks Tabman

I just took possession of a used Tejon and I have to say it's a pretty awesome machine. I'm very impressed so far. Still learning it's language, but I'm starting to pick up on what it's telling me. With a little more time swinging it, I can only see it getting better.

There are people here that have more knowledge about detecting and detectors than myself. But the way I see it is buy whatever machine makes sense for: your soil conditions, locations, (fields or parks) etc., what you can afford, and what you are primarily searching for. Write this down then look for these attributes in a machine. I KNEW that I wanted a deep relic machine and that's what I got in the Tejon. The fact that it can double as a general purpose machine was handy also, but my primary motivation for the Tejon was relic hunting in rich black loam soil. And it works extremely well like that. However I do not want to relic hunt all the time and I also wanted some different features in my next machine, so I bought what covered my needs. It is hard to recommend to anyone what they should get for a detector when you don't know what their detecting parameters are. Good luck.

The Tejon is a good deep detector and don't under estimate the stock coil, it is deep itself.

Here is the depth air testing I done with my Tejon with all the coils I could get my hands on. If notice on the coins as well as everything else I tested it on the depth is the same for stock 9x8 and the 5.75W.S. and only a slight difference in the 5.75 concentric. Kind makes me wonder if the bigger coils would give the same results.

If some body has a Tejon with some different coils that would consider air testing it on a clad dime and clad quarter, maybe all would be interested in the results.

I know a lot of folks don't think much of air testing, but we all have different soil so in the ground testing would only be testing my machine on my ground. Every body's air is just about the same so air testing is what I do and I would say these numbers would go down if the targets were in the ground.

Ron in WV

Here is a video comparison between 9x8,10x12 and Ultimate coil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6NjufzYNy8

Liaso

Thanks Ron for sharing your test results. This data should help folks researching a MD or new coil. I am looking at purchasing a new coil for my LST and will compare results.

Liaso, here are some video's I enjoyed of the Tejon:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv8n61cr4EetQW-vq42CBuA