Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nothing at St Augustine Beach

silvercoinboy

Out with the Nox and 15” Coiltek coil. Beach has been pounded hard, and two people out with detectors also.
Seems to me there is way too much competition for crumbs at the beach in the US. I was digging much more in Europe and I never see another detector out on the beach.

guy had Garrett out for first time, said his wife was watching some show about detecting and bought it for him. Seems like everyone here is getting into it, no one even asked me what I was doing.

I’m in Italy from May 23rd on, and I’m looking forward to no one else detecting

The problem is too much Beach
“ renourishment”. I live in palm beach county I’m from Florida I’m 64 years old. The beach’s are at least 10 to 15 times wider now than in the early eighties. Beaches that always produced are now barren. Even the newly dropped items sink rapidly into the sand that is pumped in from offshore. I think within a day or two it’s out of the depth range of the best detectors. So for most beaches in Florida you have to dedicated.

My wife and I go to St. Augustine two or three times a month. We have found some nice finds there over the years, but lately there has not been much. I have mostly found pennies this year so far and she has had only a little better luck. We do not see a lot of detectors out there compared to Daytona. There has been no high pounding surf to “clean” the beach up. Stuff 1180 is correct that you need to be dedicated to hunt Florida. And add the three P’s (patience, persistence, perspiration) to the equation.

Reactions: tvr
Planing a successful weekend at the beach is surely a crap shoot. A little erosion can appear to come and go in a few hours. A sandbar protecting a good hole can disappear over night. Smart local hunters can be there when these openings happen. But, when the beaches are Packed during the season gives the vacationers the best odds. Start as the crowd starts leaving. Hunt from sun up till the beach starts filling. Some hunt all night. The average visitor can be Crushed from the cost of in season hunting.
Then there's the huge handicap that 1180 noted above. "Renourishment"