Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nothing but clad but i still had fun

Larbear2

I went metal detecting to a high school that has been very good for large amounts of clad in the past. This school has also given me 3 gold rings and a few silver rings. Usually it is only clad. I don’t hunt it too often so the clad has time to accumulate. In most areas, the grass is thick and hides things well. Today i had a good time just finding the clad but always alert to the possibility of finding gold or silver. This school was built in 1998 so I am not expecting to find older silver coins, but they keep the grass long and it is thick, so coins hide well. Over 2 hours time I found a little over $10.00 in clad. I probably could have found more but I was getting tired. After going to a grocery store and purchasing some IPA’s, i found my second wind and on the way home i visited another high school and found a few more coins. My clad coins found today put me very close to my goal of $360.00 for the year. That is what i paid for my ski pass for 2022-2023. It’s kind of like skiing for free for the season.

My preference is to find silver coins and gold jewelry. That happens occasionally but not often. Clad pays for ski pass or upgrade to metal detecting equipment or whatever so i still appreciate clad coins. Total clad for today $14.73. GL&HH

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 78
Nothing wrong with clad… when you find a spot like this, it is quite fun to find.
I too have a few sites that seem to replenish also if left alone for a while.
I would say you had an excellent outing… BTW… where is that school?🤣😂

Sounds we all use our clad for a little vice on the side. I just hope those 86,000 new IRS pleebs dont find out 🤬