Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nothing major just interesting

txtrooper

I had been using the concentric 5x8 coil for about two years now. I liked the DD but had never used one before so I purchased the 5x8. Well after deciding that I had learned some of the ins and outs of the detector I thought I would try the DD again. I put in on today and went out in my backyard that I have hit many many times. Found several things at much deeper depths than the 5x8. 1959 Lincoln, 1962 and 1966 make me feel like I have gotten to the depths of older coins that I need to be at. I even found a RING!!! It was plastic though and was with two of the pennies I found. Just thought I would mention the difference in depth I have noticed already with the two coils.

:twodetecting:

Many ATP users believe they get just as good a depth with the 5x8 as the 8.5x11. I guess you found that to be wrong too. I've been using the smaller coil for a few days at the park, around the pavilion. That's where the drinking is permitted and I can tell. Machine sounded like a machine gun as I swing over the pull tabs. Get the frequent zinc Penney with a few coppers and dimes in the mix. Moving away from the pavilion the trash is much thinner and I'll switch to the larger coil.

Unless I am out in a farm field were I can use a shovel I find the 8.5x 11 coil to be frustrating. It will hit great signals so deep that I don't dare make that big of a hole in a city park! I have been using the sniper coil and get 6 to 8 inch depth. Since we have such neutral ground I believe that plays a big role in the performance of the little coil. Big draw back is it doesn't cover much ground in a city park or school. Good to see a fellow leo on the form!