Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nothing much to report this past week

Charlie P. (NY)

Here's the dirt-fishing catch with the F-75 for the past week. Nothing too extrordinary. Found a Saka . . . Sackogew . . . U.S. dollar coin from 2000. That was a nice surprise. As was the aluminum "Good Luck Winner" that sure sounded nice when swept. The ring is copper and appears to have been enameled at one time. Fits my little finger and is not a common fractional inch size (I wondered if it might be a pipe fitting for a connector of some type).

Ended on a high note. Stopped by a "test" site - a former Catholic church desanctified and up for sale in a small town nearby. While my wife read and babysat the dog I took a quick pass. 18

Hello Charlie!
That looks like a pretty good haul to me! I'm really glad to see those nickels! :)

One thing about the F75 I did not like; the thin feeling grip. I went ahead and installed a Wilson racket grip replacement on mine right over the factory foam; it feels a lot better!

GRB

I wear rubberized-palmed nitrile garden gloves that help. Might end up adding to the grip but haven't so far. I actually hold it very loosely, more to keep it from slipping foreward than to squeeze it. An advantage to the light weight. I started out with a good grip and found my hand was going numb. Now I just crook my fingers and keep a very loose grip.

It likes nickels and LOVES dimes. I know I'm hiting dimes where my Musketeer missed them. I've hit deep '65, '66 and '67 that are red and pitted and have been buried some time. No silver yet, but sooooo close.

The some pull tabs read 33 to 36 and nickels read 28 to 31, depending on depth and condition(s). I still dig the occasional tab because I'm an optimist . . . and one of those tabs was a thin ring with opal & diamond. ;-)