Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nothing old, just clad:sadwalk:

PACK RAT

Hit the old fairgrounds again for a few hours. Pulled a bunch of trash and 24 cents (2-dimes, 4-pennies,) but nothing old. Went to the school again to finish off the day. was there about an hour and half and pulled another $2.89 additional clad for a $3.13 day. Sad that there was nothing older than a few sixties pennies. Oh well, more coins for the pin pointer fund. Hope you all had a more productive day. Take care.

hi packrat! well, i might have some good news for you. an old friend of mine hunts the old fairgrounds in northern virginia a lot. and he's done well with it. i asked him how he finds any silver or wheats at all, with me thinking that all he could ever expect to find was clad. and he told me this: the size of the fairs vary from year to year. some years were thin due to economic reasons, while most others were thick. he constantly expands his searches from the main areas out, even going to the property lines! county and state fairs started becoming popular 150 years ago. and not all fairs were held in the same places year after year either!
so, my old friend woke me up to the possibilities and has given us some great advice. he won't search a good hotspot with just one machine, either. one machine will find what the other one doesn't. too bad i can't detect the state fairgrounds here, theyr'e off limits. i've seen his collection, and am convinced of his abilities! standing trees are hotspots on a fairground too, as are any bleachers or paths. hope it helps you, packrat. don't let one bad day ruin it for you. there's plenty out there waiting to be found, you just have to go with your instincts and your research. patience and persistence are the hallmarks of our hobby, and they do pay off very well. good luck, and hh,

Thank you, I do believe that the place has strong possibilities and haven't gave up on the place yet. The last hunt there took me to the old adobe horse buildings and corrals. It was off the beaten path of the main area With hopes of some old coins. Didn't find any old but figure I haven't hit the right spot yet. Better half recommended to hit the area where they show and auction animals off. She is pretty good at picking the areas so I will hit that spot next time. Can't expect old and silver every run but it would be nice though. Swinging and digging it part of the fun so as long as I'm still doing that I'll be fine. Thanks for the encouragement. May the silver and gold run thick for you all.