Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nothing too special.

cwilk

Last weekend. Nothing but clad.

[attachment 243637 090212-1.JPG]

Yesterday. A little better. Cool cross. 1903 V Nickel. Nothing too great except a nice afternoon.

[attachment 243638 090912-1.JPG]
[attachment 243640 090912-2.JPG]

The story from yesterday is this. I needed to charge batteries and decided to do it in the car. I forgot the battery compartment cover which I remembered as I left the driveway. Pulled back in and got it. The sorry part is I forgot the battery holder itself which I noticed when I arrived at the site. So I drove all the way home. Got it. Drove all the way back and detected. I've treasure hunted without my Propointer before, but doing so without a detector would have been extremely difficult. I'm putting a spare battery holder in my field kit!

Happy hunting.

Chris

I'm the worlds worst of forgetting my gear, so u store all my gear in my backpack now. You found a lot of coins and the V nickel and cross is pretty good, congrats ! Hank

Congrats on the good clad finds .

I did do a hunt intentionaly with only my pro-pointer once.
Hit a big playground and just concentrated on hunting around the metal poles with my pro-pointer.
Did surprisingly well but kneeling on wood chips while wearing a pair of shorts got old quickly.

Nice finds. Now take that clad, put it in a tumbler with venigar and leamon concentrate and a hand full of salt for
an hour and it will clean up nicely.
Salida

Good work you old cladstabber! Bout time for me to leave the sorry vacant beaches and hit the sod again.
Mud

I'm glad I'm not the only person who forgets his equipment. I went out of town sometime back and got out my metal detector and propointer and realized I had left my probe and digging tools and pouch at the house. Now, I double check everything and make sure I have backup batteries. I got out in the boonies one time and my rechargeble batteries failed me and I didn't have any spares and I was bummed out. Lessons learned....Organization and preparation save frustration.
Nice bunch of clad and the cross and a 1903 V nickel are great. HH.

Yeah! I bet I reach behind the seat of my truck 3 times just to check and see if the detector is in there on my way out hunting...I carry three screwdrivers now, stuck in a block of foam, batteries, a tiling spade, lesche, machete...two sand scoops...a change of clothes and shoes, towels, a wetsuit, froggtoggs, for whatever situation might arise...but even then, I think I'm forgetting something...:wacko:
Mud

I'm jealous of the V nickle. I have yet to find one of those. It's on my wish list though. I have 4 digging tools in the back of my car....my regular one, my backup, and two that I bought at a hardware store (at various times) when I forgot the first two. Now they all live in my car all the time.

MrGee