Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NOW....are you looking for a new place to hunt????

Shuffler

howdy everyone...this message is meant for many new-comers to metal detecting,,,,but, you never know...sometimes an old dog can learn new tricks.... the trick is,,,,, finding new hot spot for yer metal detector...... #1...... when your riding down the road,, sometimes you'll see an old culvert still stuck in the drainage ditch of the road or even sometimes pulled out and left to rot..a sure location to an old drive way.......Plants can be a big clue.... especially "un-natural ones" that have been planted at the apron of a driveway...or shrubs planted where a house used to be.....Old abandoned, (unused) telephone poles are another "sign" of a previous homestead...these can be anywhere from 10 feet from the edge of a road to 100 feet.....Go out in the woods and fields NOW..... MANY old abandoned farms and homesteads planted daffodils and even though the homestead is gone..... the flowers are still there waiting to be found.....a sure sign..... and my last tip......... if your a guy detector..... always try to get the wife to drive..( and vise-versa if your a girl detector)..you can look for more stuff and don't have to pay attention to the road much......... when finding these spots......mark em with a GPS............ Then you'll find em again and have fun doing it........PS.. when you do find a place, beware of old uncovered wells........they could wreck your day........ good luck and great hunting :thumbup: Gene

Goo tips for sure Shuffler. Been using most of them myself. Right now I need the weather to settle down and the ground to dry a little, more than I need new places. LOL
HH
BB

Yes, very good tips for the newcomers. But remember to ALWAYS get permission to hunt the land and leave it as you found it!

We've go the places, but like you BB, the weather isn't co-operating.......33 degrees outside. We went out a Saturday and the ground was perfect for digging! But this gal shouldn't have been out and I didn't last long since I have a very bad cold. :stretcher: What a terrible week to have Spring Break. :thumbdown:

Nancy