Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Now I have a problem...... To E or not to E.......

I got a great deal on my XLT from Pulltab-(checkup-new screen from whites) during this time I bidded a low bid on an XLT E......suprise I won it by a PENNY....go figure. Now I have both......The deliemma is keep the XLT E and sell the XLT or keep the XLT and sell the E ???? HELP!!! :surrender: I'm leaning towards keeping the newer machine cause I plan on keeping it for a long time.

What's up with you and pennies R-nR ? If you aren't strapped for cash you might want to keep both. Strap coil choices #1 and #2 onto both machines for hunts where you might want to switch back and forth for different situations. I know that's a luxury but if you can...why not ? Just a thought. Have fun deciding.
HH
Scott

Beats me on the IH's went years without hitting some, now lots. No old silver yet though!

I'm trying to streamline my machines as my hunting time has been cut down by 3/4 of what it was in Alabama. Need to move one of the XLT's and one of the Tesoros Old B2.

I have 3 Tesoros 1 whites. 3 Fishers. I f I were you I would try and find the all time sleeper of the Tesoros, the Conquistador uMax, and replace that Sidewinder. I like the newer ones, but you can't get a 4 inch coil for them for the really trashy sites. Now for the XLT-E I don't think there is a performance improvement in it, but newer is less fatigue on the parts, so I'd keep the E

1. Of course the E is newer so keep it.

2. Like the idea of keeping both if you can afford them....nice backup ...right now Whites has about a month turnaround...of course the idea of the rainbow with a different coil is a dandy also...

Yeah, I think I will keep the newer one and sell the older one.

. I'd love to keep both but I keep getting "that look" from the misses you married guys know "that look" Because to her it looks like I have two of the same machine and she knows how much they run from being around me. So to keep peace in the household I'll move a few. See the mistake I made was storing them all in the same place, on a cool giant rack I built in the basement, never do that! :) (it's the same reason I don't store all my guns in the same place)

*** also the E has the what I call the 9.5 crosshair coil, like the one on my BHID any better than the thin line 9.5? or the same?

I think both of them are the same although I prefer the flat-style 950.
HH
Scott

Took the E out last night for about 30 mins, pulled several coins just fooling around

I adjusted some settings on the Coin & Jewlery pgr

Backlight on
VCo on
Tone ID on
PAG 3
Cap rej - 1

I think tone id is gonna have to go, just seems too noisy/busy I also suspect it "jams" the processor up?

After using a SOV XS for several years the XLT tone ID sort of resembles it. Actually more like the Explorer. strange huh?

I put the older one up for sale, I was going to post it here but I just sold my Stingray 2 so I had to put it on that place we can't talk about. :(