Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Now I know I'm crazy...

matthias

I love metal detecting. I love playing in the dirt. I love trying to explain to others my passion. Now I'm stepping up my own game times two. For one I have rigged powerful magnets on a deep sea fishing outfit and coiled hand-throw. Yes, I will be dragging the bottom of rivers, streams and lakes for relics. Number two I have ordered a kayak and have a sonar/GPS unit which has Downward Scan Imaging to allow me to "see" the bottom structure below the kayak. So....I will be detecting crazy access places with my detector and roving the 10ft and less depths looking for anything interesting to search. I've got my snorkel and mask on the way and my AT Pro is ready to go. Wish me luck because I'll need it. I'll let you know how it goes. I probably won't even recieve my boat until the end of May. Perception rules! HH. Matt

you are as crazy as me... i screwed a pair of boots to a pair of 5 gallon buckets just so i could detect in a foot deeper water than everyone else...i wish you luck....im sure sooner or later you will find something good but im sure you will be cleaning alot of trash outof the watwer too... either way its a win win...

You pair sound totally whacko........but this kind of dedication may just get you that find of a lifetime.:thumbup:

Crazy?
I'm attempting to train 2 Dachshund pups to find gold and silver so all I have to do is bring a pinpointer and probe to the park.
They can't sniff out the deep stuff but hopefully they can find the recent drops. They have been performing admirably for only a week of training.
Both can find it but one tends to steal it from the other and bring it to me for the treat.
I should probably start videotaping, its pretty funny.

Bootyhoundpa Know a guy who tried that. He very nearly drown when he lost his footing........ Your life isn't worth a few trinkets my friend...

Yep, you're all crazy.
I have found where I belong.

but not bad ideas. Think I'll buy a big magnet, tie it to a rope and do the same. I know of one old, old bayou crossing that I will try that in. I've thought about walking in there with detector but three things hold me back....1. very soft mud that will swallow you up, 2.alligators and 3.cottonmouths.....Rope and magnet sounds like the sane thing to do. Thanks, John

yes, safety is an absolute must.... when i wear my bucket boots i also wear a swimming noodle around my chest under my arms... i also fabricated a piece of coat hanger on each boot into a quick release pull which totally releases the shoe strings.... still and all it is crazy ...they are clumsy to walk in even though i have vent holes drilled into them..... some people say there is a fine line between genious and insanity...

Hey matthias, can you describe or show a pic of your magnet rig? What magnet(s) are you using (
strength, size, attachment method etc)?

Seen some videos on YouTube with the magnet on the rope. Think they were in Germany hunting WW2 relics. They were doing great with it. Joe.

man! You guys are crazy! The dachshund thing makes perfect sense though...Hey, maybe you can also train a dachshund to rescue a drowning bucketboot wearer?..probably can...dachshunds are smart.....so smart in fact, they would most likely let you drown, just watching you, sitting there shaking that tiny head.. then, they'd retrieve your keys and wallet from your floating carcass, hop into the car and head home, clean out your ATM account and buy a big bag of cat food (its like candy to them) and log in here to tell us about your final adventure! :rofl:
Mud.

LOL @ Mudpuppy. I know where you are coming from. I already have 2 older Doxies. They are smart!

I bought two "rare earth" magnets from Amozon. They are about 1" diameter by 1/4" and are housed by a metal jacket on top and sides. There is a metal eye on top to tie to. The magnets are rated to 35 pounds of holding power. One magnet is tied on an old deep-sea fishing rod without a reel using 2.7mm nylon cord. Its simply tied to the top eyelet of the rod with about 5 ft of cord. This rig is for reaching out and dipping for targets. The other magnet is on the same nylon cord but on an old dee-sea fishing reel with about 50 ft of line. This rig is for reaching greater depths from my boat or tossing a distance and dragging in over the bottom. I will post pics when I get my camera back. GL. HH. Matt

Thanks! I always thought about doing some trolling with a magnet while I was fishing. Youve inspired me to give it a go.

Ism said:
LOL @ Mudpuppy. I know where you are coming from. I already have 2 older Doxies. They are smart!

ISM DO YOU have anymore of those sidekick kits if so vncjsv24@aol.com