Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Now that the R2 is on the way.

Tom Slick

Once I started using the Racer, I found that I didn't really need all the detectors that I'd had hanging around. It got to where I was always grabbing the Racer or the V3i /BigFoot combo for most all my hunting. In fact, I liked the Racer so well that I bought another just to have as a spare or a loaner for friends. I figured all I was using the V3i for was recent coin and jewelry drops and it's a pricey machine for that task so I picked up another DFX to use with the BigFoot instead. Soooo, now that I have the R2 coming, I'm able to part with my V3i, an Omega 8500, MXT Pro, and one of my Racer Pro Packs. I put all four on the big auction site along with a few extra coils. Nice being able to thin down the herd a bit!

I feel the same way. Last couple of years I sold all of my Detectors except my F75LTD2 and my red racer.. Then I heard a new racer was coming so I sold the red racer and now have a racer 2 which I test drove yesterday.. These newer machines are making some of my favorites obsolete. I mean newer Turkish machines.. I did not like what I seen or heard in some local newer machines. I hung my F75 up and will learn the racer 2 for spring.. Last year I didn't use my F75 much at all due to having the racer lol. So we will see.

I sold my F75LTD2 last year, shortly after getting my first Racer. I found the Racer to out perform the F75 in all my types of hunting. Here in AZ, I spend most of my time hunting iron infested sites and that's where the Racer really shines.

Get ready for the impact with the racer and the newest machine it will be all you will need to hunt relics

Are you guys coin hunters,or relic hunters? I had a racer,can't say it outperformed a lot of the units it's replaced in your lineup.

Coins and relics in iron infested ghost towns and coin & jewelry in modern (Aluminum) trashy parks.

That will sure help in giving confidence in your new detector.:clapping: Congrats!

I hear you Tom, in a iron infested site....haven't found anything better and have been getting rid of some of my other machines. I'm down to my MXT Pro and M6 which I decided to keep, just didn't have the heart to get rid of them. Those two machines sure have found me lots of old goodies. I still like to take them out now and then.

It wasn't until last year on Monte's May NV. hunt that I finally had a chance to use the original Racer and it was pretty clear it had the advantage in the iron infested sites. Now with the R2 here and the added nice features.... It will be the machine I prob settle down with for some time to come.

Tom, we gonna see you in May in NV ?? Hope you can make it again. The last couple of outings sure have been fun and some nice finds were made.

Bass Tracker, Nice way to start out your maiden voyage with the R2 :)

Gregg,
I'm trying to fit the May outing into my schedule. It would be a great chance to use the R2 under different conditions. My MXT Pro is going bye bye but I'll keep a couple of M6's around as my wife and son both like using them in the competition hunts with HotFoot coils.

This isn't really related, but I just wanted to mention my recent experience with Makro customer support at Detector Electronics. I had an issue with my pinpointer, so I emailed customer support at Makro. They immediately responded with the address and phone number to Detector Electronics. I called D.E., and they immediately sent me an Return Authorization number and said that they would replace the pinpointer. It took all of a week, and I have a pointer back. The whole process was fantastic. If the detectors are as good as the support, then my next detector might just be from Makro.

Thanks for listening.