Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Now the 10" coil gets a turn...

REVIER

$9.43 in clad in 5 hours at one site yesterday.
63 cents away from $300 in clad for the year, most of that found with the F2 and the sniper.

I have a site within 2 miles of my house with an old football field and 2 soccer fields back to back to back.
Supposedly it has been hunted before, but they left a ton, and I am the only one hunting this place now as far as I can tell.
I have been hitting the sideline areas along all 3 fields with the F2 and the sniper for 5 weeks trying to clean up the trash and find jewelry.
Found a silver medallion and a gold class ring so far..also a lot of clad.
Now it is time to hit these not so trashy anymore areas with my bigger coils and see what else I can find.
Not only am I finding a ton more coins on the sidelines I missed with the sniper, most of these coins came from only about 10% of one of the soccer fields I am gridding...an area where I found very few signals of any kind in the past using that small coil just wandering around.
Coin spills all over the place on this soccer field, and I not only found a ton of dimes and quarters but also that 1974 Kennedy half...and I love finding big coins.

The object is to find jewelry, specifically 2 more pieces of gold to hit my goal this year of 12 before I get snowed or frozen out so I am on a mission.
First I need to get all these pesky coins out of the way first.

Tons of targets here, some precious metal too, I hope.
I am trying to find it and the F2 is a monster when it comes to clad and other targets and now with the 10" coin on board I have a shot at hitting my goal considering all that appears to be left for me to dig.

Stay tuned.

Hey revier, nice finds. A friend of mine wants to get into detecting and he wants a detector with digital screen unlike my Vaquero. I recommended an F2 because of the price and extra coil for 215 dollars. Seeing your success , looks like I made a good recommendation.

Nice work! I sure love using my big coil all the time...I was trying to find gold all weekend on the same type of complex...I know its got to be there someplace...I bet I got over 50 nickels between Sat and Sun. Stay at it, you are going to hit your goal! Last gold for the me last year was on Dec22 between an ice and a snowstorm!:clapping:
Mud

hatpin said:
Hey revier, nice finds. A friend of mine wants to get into detecting and he wants a detector with digital screen unlike my Vaquero. I recommended an F2 because of the price and extra coil for 215 dollars. Seeing your success , looks like I made a good recommendation.

Some like a few others in the starting category, that Euro Tek Pro is getting good reviews especially if you hunt in sites loaded with iron, however...
The Discovery 3300 is not bad but it has a slow responce time, and the other units in these low price points with screens like the Coinmaster and the Ace's have no VDI numbers and that is a definite deal breaker for me.
The Euro Tek might be all that but if you want a sniper coil that thing will cost you more than half of what the entire unit does with an 8" coil.
The F2 comes with the 8" and the sniper for around $200, both coils that have found me more than I can list, and my 10" coil was relatively cheap at about $50 and it does go deeper than the 8".

Since my F2 has found me literally more than 10 X's its initial cost in clad and jewelry and I had so much fun doing it I am one of its biggest fans, but adding it all up with the extra coils and even a crappy but free handheld pinpointer included I still consider the F2 to be one of the if not the best values on the market still for anyone but especially those just entering the hobby.