Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nox for competition hunting

just wondering since its lite and fast response/separation would like to know how it would handle comp hunting silver dimes nickels tokens in say 20 kHz 40kHz I would guess 15kHz would be best to start at since most hunt machines are like 10 or 11 KHz any thoughts

Why not multi, seems to be its strongest suit being it is default in all modes ?
Time will tell how it handles interference from other machines, with noise cancel and a lower sensitivity it should be fine.
hh Jeff

Every tester said the magic is in multi for all targets. The only variable is which mode to use. Read part 3 of multi IQ technology. Each mode weights certain frequencies differently.

Multi-freq mode, nobody else will be able to stand anywhere near you.

laplander said:
Multi-freq mode, nobody else will be able to stand anywhere near you.
Anything to get an edge :punch:

Its funny, I went to my first comp hunt a couple years ago. The CTX is the only detector I own. Everyone was elbow to elbow along the line except for me. I know what the CTX does to other detectors and theirs doesnt affect mine, LOL

this is where I found out the factory cuff is a very weak point. it broke in the middle of the hunt. I fixed it with good old duct tape and got a Herk cuff as soon as I got home.

Is there a setup that seems to give equal emphasis to both high and low conductors (I figure mid conductors won't be affected much, adversely.)
Generally, higher frequencies contain more energy and need less battery power for the frequency to fill the coil's Q. While lower frequencies penetrate the ground better
they have less energy for a given amount of battery power.
Do they give ratios?

Park 1 and Field 1 process a lower weighted frequency combination, as well as using algorithms that maximise ground balancing for soil, to achieve the best signal to noise ratio. Hence being most suited for general detecting, coin hunting, etc.
Park 2 and Field 2 process a higher weighted combination of the Multi-IQ band while still ground balancing for soil. Therefore they will be more sensitive to higher frequency (low conductive) targets, but potentially more susceptible to ground noise.
Beach 1 also processes a lower weighted combination, BUT uses different algorithms to maximise ground balancing for salt. Hence being most suited for both dry and wet sand conditions.
Beach 2 processes a very low weighted frequency combination, using the same algorithms as Beach 1 to maximise ground balancing for salt. This search profile is designed for use in the surf and underwater.
Gold 1 and Gold 2 process the higher weighted combination of the Multi-IQ band while still ground balancing for soil. However, they use different setting parameters better suited for gold nugget hunting.

once you start using one,
please post the tweaks and results.
I have saltwater beach 1 mile away; but our ground is very low mineral, near neutral.
Hope Nel and Mars rushes out some loops.