Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

nox pinpointing

Tony AZ

Any one pinpointing with NOX- using wiggle back method ?? Always hated the sound machines make using pinpoint button, can't stand it... Tony AZ...

I tried it with a coin on top of the ground and it’s not at the tip of the coil like my CTX and E-Trac. Looked like the coin was about 2 maybe 2/12 inches out in front of the coil. I tried digging targets this way and had a little trouble locating the target, so I went to the NOX pinpoiner and it’s spot on. Think if you give it a try it will grow on you.

Honestly...... this is one of the best ML machines they have come out with for just wiggling the coil back....... everything is right there on the tip. This is going to be much easier for water hunting ...... i just rarely use PP.

Wiggle back is great to me but the pp seems to work great I rarely use it though.

goldlubber said:
Ok?

Wiggle back method?

For those of us who are uninformed, please describe it or video would be good.

LOL, its actually just as simply as the name implies. Get the target centered under the coil while swinging, then pul it back slowly while moving the coil back and forth 1 - 2 inches at a time. It's basically just "wiggle" while pulling "back". As soon as the response stops, the target is under the front, center tip. You can do this pushing forward too.

Note, surface targets may be slightly farther away from the tip.

I am a fan of "what ever works". This guy (800) PPs so tight I am wondering if I could use one of those golf ball hole punches. I've been using a 3030 for over a year and this is a way better PP (3030 was great until...).

I use both the wiggle and the pin point and with both sometimes there is another target under the coil other than the target you're seeking but both methods work well. The pin pointer is spot on.