Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

nox vdi

It can depend greatly on your settings and soil conditions. Ive never really cared much for single digit displays.... they all seem to bounce to much for me. Even on the Explorers........ i always watched the Con digits and ignored the FER. BUT.... the tell is setting up the tones properly...... which require a little more play than the CTX with better freq adjustments. MOST machines i use....... its always the tone not the digit that i can rely on.

Works good on mine. The Equinox is a very sensitive detector and when hunting in multiple frequency mode, you will notice all of the targets coming through in the audio as you sweep the coil. While hearing all of the targets, you obviously see the TID numbers bouncing all over the place. I will listen for the desired tone then look at the TID. Yes it will still fluctuate some once I single out this desired tone but the TID is only a reference. I like having TID on a detector but as stated, audio comes first. I have used many brands of detectors over the years and it still comes down to audio first. I had a T2SE at one time that would sound off with a solid but faint tone on really deep targets and the TID would show nothing. It didn’t mean I had reached the limit of the detector as a whole just went beyond the limit of the TID . I used to run the 5” coil on this detector and regularly dug good targets from 6-8”; the TID was blank but the audio was still good.
There is a lot to be learned on the Equinox; like any detector you have to spend a lot of time getting to know it and what it is telling you. I like mine so far and I have only had it since Labor Day. I am really liking the all metal mode and listening to how fast this detector picks up and separates targets.
Give it more time and Happy Hunting to you.:biggrin:

Meet Jason....he’s our version of the wal-Matt greater lol. Actually... the screen isn’t bad....u don’t need to put your hand over it to read it. Getting around to the is easy. Digits are easy to read even when partially under water. But yes those digits can have you feeling like you are at a Vegas slot machine just waiting to stop.

I always go by tones on my Explorer SE and if the Equinox 600 can't do a good job with tones than it is back to the SE.

That's Jasons way of saying "welcome to the forum"!;)------You do need to go into more detail though & explain your perceived "problem".

Ted..... i manage with two tones and 5 to get the information i need but i do like the SE tones better..... just what i was used to. I find more of an issue in the water ...... where there can be a lot of MISINFORMATION from those pesty mineral tones jumping to a higher bin requiring time wasting second swings over the area. BUT.... you get used to it and it does find stuff out there. Oooo and i wouldnt use that SE out there neck deep lol. I liked the SE on the sand, but on the WET sand i liked preferred the Sov..... just better separation and tones on the near salt gold targets.

I think it works great! The only time it jumps around would be on the cross sweep and that usually indicates that the target has some composition to it which will also be indicated by tone depending on how the machine is set up!