Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nugget Finder coils???

desertdon

I saw a post on a comptetors website that says Coiltek is now selling Nugget Finders coils, suggests they are best??? Don

Hi Don,
I know how this must look but it is not the case.
The Gold Centre in Maryborough Victoria has their own agenda and is not controlled by COILTEK PTY LTD. We are separate companies and the only this in common is the Coiltek infront of the GOLD CENTRE. COILTEK PTY LTD does not sell NF coils and never will. The information at the moment is misleading and we have clarified the situation in a reply to those comments.
COILTEK ADELAIDE is where the heart and soul of the company is and always will be. We have no control over the shop in Maryborough and they have no control over us here. They are set up as a standard dealer of our products and make their own business decisions.
I hope this helps those who are confused at the moment.
Thanks
Trevor @ COILTEK.

Coiltek Party Ltd. the parent company who manufactures COILTEK coils and is "COILTEK", does not sell Nugget Finder coils. Coiltek is located near Minelab which is in Adelaide.

Colitek Gold Center, which is an independent dealer, who uses the Coiltek name under license, does carry Nugget Finder coils as part of their store inventory and commitment to provide a variety of prospecting equipment to their clients; just as would any prospecting store. Coiltek Gold center is located in Maryborough in Victoria.

COILTEK PARTY LTD. has no control over what the Gold Center does in terms of the merchandise they order or carry, as they have no financial interest and hence no management control. The Gold Center pays regular dealer prices on all coils bought from COILTEK PARTY LTD. just like any other dealer in Australia.

So to say that COILTEK sells Nugget Finder coils is very misleading. COILTEK PARTY LTD. the parent company who manufactures the COILTEK coils and holds the trademark to the COILTEK name, does not sell Nugget Finder coils, nor do they endorse Nugget Finder coils.

For anyone to suggest differently is an intentional attempt to distort facts and mislead consumers.

Now let me take a minute to ask, "What in the hell is wrong with SOME people?" Nugget Finder coils, COILTEK coils. They all find gold, and they all have positives and negatives. And what may be a positive trait for one prospector may be a negative for another prospector. COILETK has tried to develop a line of coils that gives prospectors a wide variety of sizes and types, mono, DD Pro, and anti-interference, in all more than 27 different coils for the SD GP line of gold machines.

Nugget Finder has wisely tried to fill in the gaps by offering yet other sizes, that COILTEK has not made; thus giving the prospecting community even a greater range of choices. I know many prospecting buddies of mine that own several COILTEK coils, and several Nugget Finder coils. There is no one coil that is absolutely perfect for every situation. You wouldn't go golfing with one club in your bag, would you ?

I have never said anything negative about Nugget Finder coils. They are good coils. My only caution has been that prospectors must treat fiber glass coils with a little TLC. This isn't a smack against Nugget Finder, this is simply a fact about fiberglass coils. Does anyone remember the old Minelab 18 inch fiberglass garbage can lid coil ? Fiberglas coils are light! But they can be damaged if not treated with respect. COILTEK coils are made of plastic, they are a bit heavier, however, they are more durable, in my never humble opinion.

If you noticed, Minelab does not make an 18 inch coil in fiberglass anymore, they make them in plastic. WHY? Was it because their fiberglass coil was a bad coil? NOPE, quite the contrary, it was a very good coil, however, because prospectors are sort of rough on their equipment, Minelab opted for the more durable, yet heavier plastic alternative.

If you repeatedly go smashing a fiberglass coil into a rock, you are going to end up with cracks. I am just as guilty as the next person for not taking the kind of care I probably should with delicate electronic equipment like my metal detector. Fiberglass coils light weight are a big plus, as long as you are willing to realize that they will not take the abuse that plastic will.

Having two companies like COILTEK and NF who make great coils and offer an unbelievable range of sizes to fit almost any conceivable situation should make prospectors happy. But instead, there are some people who want to turn this in to an endless p i s s i n g match.

To those people I offer this piece of advise that is a quote of the words of a famous Aussie philosopher who once said,

"BUGGER OFF!"

(I think it was Jackhammer who said that. :yikes: )

DOC

Hello Doc

I'm the feller you should be telling to Bugger Off as it was my misguided comments on the AZO forum which started all this, in all honesty I did not mean to start up a drama but as you can see a bush fire can easily start with the slightest spark!

I have already publicly apologised to John Kah for my error and will do the same to you if it has caused you any heart ache. I found the whole thing ironic that a Coiltek branded shop was stocking the oppositions product but was in error when I wrongly assumed it was affiliated with Coiltek the factory in more than just the name.

Once again my humble apologies for being the cause of all the problems.

Jonathan Porter

I thought we were past this petty non-sense in our relationship.

You and I have had some rather open, honest and friendly discussions via email, so I was somewhat perplexed by your comments.

Onward and upward!

DOC

Hello again Doc, just for the record mate here is the exact words I posted on the AZO forum that started all this curfuffle (that's Aussie for drama). (BTW the word Opposition was coloured orange so there was no doubt who I was talking about)

'It seems that my predictions of the Nugget Finder coils taking the prospecting world by storm are coming true with demand still outstripping the factories ability to produce. Interestingly I have just recently found out that the opposition has now started stocking the Nugget Finders here in Australia, which speaks volumes for their performance capabilities (or is it because their poor shoulders need a break from all that weight ).'

As you can see it is not that dramtic nor sarcastic (other than the toungue in cheek remark about the weight which you yourself have also commented about when discussing fibreglass) just stating a fact, however I can now see how easy it could be for someone to take it to mean Coiltek Adelaide rather than the shop in Maryborough, up until this point I also was unsure if the two entities where moving in closer circles than just the name.

It is interesting how you remark about the Victorian shop being a stockist of all things pertaining to prosecting yet they refuse to stock our video, it is an interesting little hobby this gold hobby of ours! Is it perhaps because I promote the Nugget Finder brand of coils? Ironic don't you think?

You are right you and I have had good dialogue in the past and I am the first to tell you my benign remarks were not intended to offend or to cause you any sort of angst. I do see the error of my ways and am happy to try to make ammends both publically and privately as stated above.

In closing Doc I don't feel my comments were either petty or non-sense but the furore that it has generated is and for that I am truly sorry.

Jonathan Porter

Dear everyone, who can tell me which company produce nuggetfinder coils, I can not find it. we want to buy some pieces.

thanks.
hailey hebeidadi@163.com

I think if you search for Nugget Finder coils you will find some dealers...Nugget Finder coils are made in Australia as are Coiltek coils...
Doc is a Coiltek dealer and it would be inappropriate to direct you to his competition...even though he would probably tell you if you contacted him...

fred

Wow this thread is a real blast from the past and so much water has passed under the bridge since 2005. :stretcher: There is a real lesson to be learned here I think, like my grandmother once told me, "words are like stones, once thrown you no longer have control over where they end up or what damage they might do".

JP

Jonathan; I hope you and the family are living on High Ground!!! My condolances to all that Have suffered in the recent floods...

Fred

Thanks Fred, all's well for us up here, biggest problem is lack of food on supermarket shelves and pesky sandflies. Further south is a different story though, the clean up is going to take months and seeing how our rainy season has only just started there will be a lot of worried skyward weather gazing going on in the coming months.:look:

JP

If you can help, donate to the red cross of Australia or other suitable charity.

15% of my HipStick sales to JP are being kicked back to flood relief.
And 10% of detectoraid.com's U.S. sales are going to doctors without borders.