Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nugget Hunting

Hi Joe.I live in a known gold nugget producing area and done a few hours of prospecting with nil nuggets yet. Done all the regular self training with test gardens etc and probably spent about 60 hours testing myself and 705 on my own property. Both at home and attempted prospecting has to date produced lots of bullets and cases along with a fair amount of 100 year old mining junk, interesting but not nuggets! I honestly think it is very capable machine but I have not yet waved the 705 over a detectable piece at a suitable depth. (Interestingly I can hit a 2g lead piece buried at 10 inches but the 705 IDs it as -8, but rings up fine at up to 6 inches! Same after it has rained!) Most of the areas seem hard hit so I find myself looking in nearby areas without the signs of detectorists. I am confident one day I will find a little piece of gold, probably next to a bullet!

Also I have not noticed any real differences in detecting modes as far as depth goes. I usually use prospecting mode until I hit a junky area then stick with coin mode for the TID benefit, but don't ignore the low tones unless there is destroyed old tin fragments everywhere!

I would love to hear about how others have gone with nugget hunting and any tips to try, most here are into the coin and relic stuff which is great but Im more interested in the prospecting side of this great little 705.

Cheers and good luck with this fantastic hobby!